MLB returns April 7th

Sep 19, 2008
Glad they’re looking out for the players, but tired of seeing Ortiz’s name.

The difference between Ortiz and Bonds (besides a ton of talent) is one smiled and joked with the media.
Yep. Ortiz was more charismatic than Bonds. Bonds was generally miserable to the media. I will say though I've not seen anyone walked as much times as he was though. Teams just flat out didn't pitch to Bonds.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Honestly, why don't they have a universal draft like NHL, NBA and NFL? Problem solved, no?

It wouldn't work. Latin players can sign at 16, domestic players are still in high school. You're dealing with very different pools of players, guys who are ready to go to straight to affiliated ball while others who will spend a few years in the academies.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Yep. Ortiz was more charismatic than Bonds. Bonds was generally miserable to the media. I will say though I've not seen anyone walked as much times as he was though. Teams just flat out didn't pitch to Bonds.
Most of his homers probably could have been walks, too. He could hit it out wherever it was pitched.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Looking at the numbers of the 2 proposals that are leaking out, they are not far apart. Ridiculous if they can't get a deal done.

Yeah even though I usually think both sides suck when it comes to MLB labor issues I've generally been more anti-owner in this round of negotiations, but now the players are really starting to come off as myopic, paranoid and holding out for a 10-0 win instead of taking a 6-4 win.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
All this because of the INTERNATIONAL DRAFT

Like, is nothing good enough for MLB?

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
Yeah even though I usually think both sides suck when it comes to MLB labor issues I've generally been more anti-owner in this round of negotiations, but now the players are really starting to come off as myopic, paranoid and holding out for a 10-0 win instead of taking a 6-4 win.

Agree 100%. Thats exactly what it seems like. Almost like the players feel like they have to have the last word and the owners have to agree to their proposal and not vice versa.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i wouldn't mind this if they waited until a game goes to the 12th inning or so to do it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad