MLB returns April 7th

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

giphy.gif

Simmons put it perfectly. As one guy on the radio said today (forgot what channel) "you're losing kids to Fortnite and basketball... the way its going you won't have any fans left in 20 years"

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It's become apparent to me that baseball needs to see the bottom if they're ever going to make tangible change. I don't know what that means or if they would recover from it, but that's what seems like needs to happen. I don't think missing the start of the season is as prohibitive as people seem to think apart from the workers that it hurts.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Manfred really makes Bettman look great in comparison. I'm not a fan of any of the 4 major sports commissioners but Manfred is BY FAR the worst. He's probably the worst in my lifetime too.

Bettman gets a bad rap because of 04-05. The reality is the league needed a hard reset, something the players were too stubborn to accept.

At that point, players were taking in over 70% of league revenue, spending was out of control. Baseball is clearly at the opposite end of the spectrum, which is why being pro-player is so obvious to everyone who's not a "it's millionaires vs. billionaires" sheep.

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Manfred really makes Bettman look great in comparison. I'm not a fan of any of the 4 major sports commissioners but Manfred is BY FAR the worst. He's probably the worst in my lifetime too.
He's Selig disciple. Apple doesn't fall to far from the tree.

Manfred is trash but the real villains are the owners. Some of the shiitiest owners in sports are involved in MLB.

Reactions: Big McLargehuge

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
On the 96th day of the MLB owners’ lockout, Randy Levine called the situation “embarrassing,” and a “bad look,” in the first comments about the labor dispute by a Yankees official since owners shut down the league in December. Speaking on “The Michael Kay Show” Monday afternoon, the Yankees’ president said he was hoping to “educate the public” about the process as a long-time lawyer in labor negotiations.

“It’s a really bad look, especially with what’s going on in the world and we all have to try really a lot harder to try and fix this, because we all look pretty bad,” Levine said.

The Michael Kay Show - Randy Levine: 3/7/22 | ESPN

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I love baseball. Mariners are finally on the cusp of being a good team and I’m getting to the point of not giving a shit if there is a season or not. I don’t fully feel this way because baseball in the summer is unbeatable but screw this man.

Players better off to just hold out as long as they can so they can win this. Maybe it’s what this league needs for the betterment of it moving forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad