MLB regular season thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
5-0 D-Backs now.

Hilarious listening to WFAN right now. Joe and Evan reacting to this debacle and openly speculating Collins might get fired after the game.

8-0 now haha.

And Collins supposedly had some sort of blowup. I still think the idiot management gives him this next series. If they lose 2 of 3 here or get swept he'll get fired Sunday after the game.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
And Collins supposedly had some sort of blowup. I still think the idiot management gives him this next series. If they lose 2 of 3 here or get swept he'll get fired Sunday after the game.

What does firing Collins do for the mets now? They may surprise but I don't think firing him will save the season. Mets should just ride out the season and reevaluate in the offseason

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
What does firing Collins do for the mets now? They may surprise but I don't think firing him will save the season. Mets should just ride out the season and reevaluate in the offseason

Because I think it makes it too hard to fire him this winter if you let it get to the end of the season and I think despite the injuries he's shown he has made too many managerial mistakes this year. I think you really come off as a clown organization if you fire him in November when he's one year away from retiring and he's made that known.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Because I think it makes it too hard to fire him this winter if you let it get to the end of the season and I think despite the injuries he's shown he has made too many managerial mistakes this year. I think you really come off as a clown organization if you fire him in November when he's one year away from retiring and he's made that known.

Fair enough, I just think there should be a lot more blame on the offense then Collins. You can't be that bad with runners in scoring position or only get 1-2 runs a game. There comes a time when its on the players to perform. Collins isn't the one batting, he isn't the one fielding etc.

Now if he is making stupid decisions then that's different, but sometimes a lack of putting the ball in play and scoring runs should be the batters fault more. That's just how I feel, especially dealing with Matt Williams last year for the nats.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
1st and 3rd with 1 out, down by a run. LeMahieu bunted :facepalm:

I hate the Rockies

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
They just aren't very good. Even the worst teams have guys you could look at and say that they're having a decent year. Dbacks are missing a few key guys and not getting enough out of others. I wouldn't sell if I were them, though.

They have the makings of a good team. They are just hurting for pitching. If miller turns it around and pollock comes back strong, they could be decent, especially if they get another good arm. If they go all in and sign Strasburg and Cashner, for instance, look out.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
They have the makings of a good team. They are just hurting for pitching. If miller turns it around and pollock comes back strong, they could be decent, especially if they get another good arm. If they go all in and sign Strasburg and Cashner, for instance, look out.
Yeah, when I say they aren't very good it's not because of a lack of pieces, it's underperforming players and injuries.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Yeah, when I say they aren't very good it's not because of a lack of pieces, it's underperforming players and injuries.

Right on. I had a feeling, I just wanted to add to it. Their corner outfield could use some help, too. Maybe instead of Cashner, they count on Shipley and sign a Reddick this winter.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Indians explode with 5 in the 1st just like that.

i don't guess i realized until today that's what happens. i figured they'd just pick up where they left off yesterday.

It depends where the game is at. Their game last night was only in the 3rd inning and not official, so it got wiped out. Had that happened in the 6th with the big lead they had, the Twins are declared the winners. If it was tied and after the 5th inning, they would have finished the rest today.

If they go all in and sign Strasburg and Cashner, for instance, look out.

Strasburg re-signed with WSH for big bucks. I doubt Cashner would change much. They need Greinke to stay healthy, they need Corbin to find his game and return to his 2015 level, Bradley and Shipley to emerge as consistent starters and for Miller to wake the hell up. Getting Pollock back will be significant, their OF defence has been an abomination this year.

Last edited:

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
Indians explode with 5 in the 1st just like that.

It depends where the game is at. Their game last night was only in the 3rd inning and not official, so it got wiped out. Had that happened in the 6th with the big lead they had, the Twins are declared the winners. If it was tied and after the 5th inning, they would have finished the rest today.

Yeah, I knew about after like the 5-6th inning but I figured before then they'd just continue, not power off and start again.

The Astros are definitely taking advantage

satbank

Jan 11, 2014
Red Sox bullpen doing what they do best. I'm surprise the lack of grand slam giving the amount of time both team loaded the base

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad