GDT: MLB/Red Sox 2014 P4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
BuchHolz is using his fastball way too much. He should rely on his secondary pitches;especially his curveball. Not sure why he's so stubborn to use his fastball because he get kill everytime. Clock's ticking on you, Buck....

member 96824

Of course not Brain but I dont see TO, Sea or KC having the will to take it.

Oh no I don't mean now, I mean before the trades.

That's personally why I liked them, not going to win a thing anyways...but now we one of the, if not the deepest pool of pitching prospects out there. Draft seems to be loaded up with pitchers as well.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
If they didn't lose those Jays games, they would have kept Lester, adding to the roster like Farrell said and I think they would have gotten the wildcard spot.

But alas~ here we are. All I know is they better get Lester back. They don't want to sign him long because of the possibility he will regress in his 30's. Yet. The pitchers available next year aren't ones to get excited about. Say we sign Shields for like...3 years. He's already what? 33. So instead of resigning a healthy and dominant Leste because of age concerns. You'll go after Shields who will be the age where you'd be concerned for Lester. It doesn't make sense. Adding Shields to the staff would be nice. But he's no Lester. And without him? We have a sad staff.

We've got rooks waiting in the wings, yes. But I think we're asking too much to think they'll have success right out of the gate, or be dominant.

Clay looks awful. I don't know what's wrong with him but yikes! Don't think he's hurt. But he's giving me flashbacks to Bard. It hurts by eyes!

Last edited:

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Oh no I don't mean now, I mean before the trades.

That's personally why I liked them, not going to win a thing anyways...but now we one of the, if not the deepest pool of pitching prospects out there. Draft seems to be loaded up with pitchers as well.

I'm happy to make moves to get better but I would have kept our #1 and #2 pitchers in tact. Always nice going into a season with that as a certainty. Spots 3, 4, and 5 should be for our prospects.

member 96824

I'm happy to make moves to get better but I would have kept our #1 and #2 pitchers in tact. Always nice going into a season with that as a certainty. Spots 3, 4, and 5 should be for our prospects.

Haha well luckily it's August 4th, not April 4th. Long long winter ahead to address that issue. A few pretty good pitchers hitting the market, plus of course always the potential for trades.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
My nephew literally cried for 2-3 hours when that Shea trade was announced.

Granted he was 9 years old, but still.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
His wikipedia page is like a tribute to being a massive whining dbag.

Actually, it used to be worse. Looks like it was cleaned up.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Brett Gardner has done a nice job of tranforming himself into a freight train- has the Mickey Mantle/Mike Trout look going. I hope he doesnt keep his workout routine as secretive as KFC seasoning or original Coke.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Trademark that before some jorts-wearing panhandler seizes on the opportunity!

maybe not trademarked but if you google it there are already shirts, fantasy leagues, bobble heads all under that saying

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Attn: seamheads

Jeff Samardzija
-or-
Alex Cobb

I'm filling out my daily fantasy baseball roster.. which pitcher would you select if you had to choose one for tonight's game only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad