GDT: MLB/Red Sox 2014 P4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Jon Lester full page thank you in Sunday Globe outstanding.

This is going to be fascinating 100 days to watch- at that time we will be approaching mid November

If Sox re-sign Lester... They got Lester and Cespedes. Master Plan is full force.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
If Sox re-sign Lester... They got Lester and Cespedes. Master Plan is full force.

I'm hoping that is the master plan. Apparently some Red Sox players who wish not to be identified said they believe Lester is coming back.

It remains to be seen obviously but I just get the feeling it might happen. If I'm being realistic, he's not coming back. But being hopeful? Yes.

We don't have anyone ready really for the big club. Clay isn't a #1. And asking one of our rookies to step in like that isn't going to happen so what do we do? Sign Shields who is older than Lester? It just doesn't make sense. Signing Lester AND Shields could be an option though. I don't care how it happens but just get the deal signed and bring him back. Without him we have a sorry rotation.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
The color guy for the Tigers game sounds IDENTICAL to Sen. Clay Davis.

kman22

Apr 11, 2010
In addition to their pursuit of Lester, I think they'll be going the trade route to find a #2 to slot behind Lester. It will be interesting to see who ends up on the market in the winter.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Went to my first Yankee game last night and sat in the first row of the Roof Box seats.

Just scooped up tickets to see the O's in September for under $7 each.

Part of me wishes the Bruins would go back to sucking so I could afford to go more than once a year again.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
In addition to their pursuit of Lester, I think they'll be going the trade route to find a #2 to slot behind Lester. It will be interesting to see who ends up on the market in the winter.

I'd be fine if all we do is get an ace for at least the start of the year. Round out the rotation with Kelly/Rubby/Buchholz/Ranaudo/Workman/Webster and reevaluate later.

Ozamataz Buckshank

Oct 7, 2010
Massachusetts
So weird to see an offense that can score runs

Shame about that rotation though...

Aaaaaaaaaaaand Bucholz can't throw strikes. Maybe he slept on the couch wrong last night and will be out for a year

Last edited:

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Thank god the Sox are off tomorrow, except Papi needs two days off after a game like this.

"Why's it gotta be so hard?"

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
JBJ makes it look so easy defensively. Much easier to put up with the lack of offense when he's playing elite defense. Is anyone better than him in CF right now?

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Damn. That pitch was close.

This game is the reason why we cant go into next season without getting Lester back. We have NO ace. None. Zip. Nada.

Ten Thousand Hours

Aug 17, 2010
Boston
Damn. That pitch was close.

This game is the reason why we cant go into next season without getting Lester back. We have NO ace. None. Zip. Nada.

Lester can't pitch every day. This one game isn't why we need an ace.

Our bigger problems right now have to do with the guys on the roster - starting with Clay, Xman and JBJ (combined 0 for 8, what else is new?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad