MLB off-season news & notes thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015
Winter meetings winners and losers.

Winners

Cubs- The World Champion Cubs had very little to fill and get an elite closer for over stock.

White Sox- revamp their farm system trying to replicate their World Champion North Side brothers. They got some good little players along the way.

Red Sox- Chris Sale.

Losers

Cardinals- with players running far away from St. Louis, the worry should set in.

Blue Jays- losing or in the process of losing their two big bats while filling their spots with mediocre talent.

Pirates- had players to offer nobody wanted.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
What player ran away from St. Louis?

Shocking the Cubs were winners and the Cardinals were losers. I can't imagine how you came to that conclusion.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Winter meetings winners and losers.

Winners

Cubs- The World Champion Cubs had very little to fill and get an elite closer for over stock.

White Sox- revamp their farm system trying to replicate their World Champion North Side brothers. They got some good little players along the way.

Red Sox- Chris Sale.

Losers

Cardinals- with players running far away from St. Louis, the worry should set in.

Blue Jays- losing or in the process of losing their two big bats while filling their spots with mediocre talent.

Pirates- had players to offer nobody wanted.

Wrong on all 3 accounts.

Cardinals let guys that don't really hurt them go. (Holliday for example)

The Jays still haven't officially lost those two bats so it's not a loss until they do.

Plenty of people wanted Cutch, Pittsburgh just felt it wasn't fair value.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
This is really cool. Would love to see these put together for every team (but get your own public trans system to mock!)

CzHElVBXAAAmS4K.jpg:large

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Its still amazing to me, with most big deals likely done the NL looks about as cut and dried as it can be. The same teams who contended last year likely contend again with virtually no surprises likely outside of maybe the Braves or DBacks possibly hanging in for awhile before falling off. The Dodgers potentially could be the one contender who is in trouble if Jansen leaves.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Fwiw and who knows since its Jim Bowden, he says on mlb radio that nats and Marlins two teams left in Jansen sweepstakes with nats leading.

Pwnasaurus

Feb 21, 2003
Robot City
Rockies are gonna win the west, you heard it here first.

Yeah I didn't go that far :)

Coors will certainly be a place you don't really want to visit though this season and not just because of the beer. They could theoretically have an AS at any position on the diamond and I wouldn't be surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad