MLB off-season news & notes thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Which poorly scouted overweight player will the Diamondbacks give lots of money to next? Stay tuned.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I must say, the Phillies season turned out to be very good. I know they have the worst record in baseball. But they:

1. Got the 1st pick
2. Avoided 100 losses for a 54 straight season
3. Saw the potential of Franco and Herrera
4. The 4th piece in the Hamels trade (Eickhoff) looks like he could be a really good pitcher.
5. Their farm system is pretty good now and their AA was great.

All in all, this was probably rock bottom. I think they have got lucky with this rebuild and they be an above >500 team in 2017 if the rights moves are made in free agency.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
I must say, the Phillies season turned out to be very good. I know they have the worst record in baseball. But they:

1. Got the 1st pick
4. The 4th piece in the Hamels trade (Eickhoff) looks like he could be a really good pitcher.

All in all, this was probably rock bottom. I think they have got lucky with this rebuild and they be an above >500 team in 2017 if the rights moves are made in free agency.

6. Amaro is finally gone.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

1. Got the 1st pick

Agree. The worst is most likely gone and will only get better from here.

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
Looks like Billy Boy wants to keep Reddick and mentioned that an extension is possible. This is great news, I'd hate to see Reddick leave Oakland.

gopherman23

Jul 10, 2013
Minnesota
Wish there was someway to get rid of Mauer at this point. His $23 million could do alot to help the team. When you look at the numbers, the Twins definitely overachieved this year. I fear if Terry Ryan doesn't do a whole lot, we could regress back to the mean next year. Hoping for a busy offseason for the Twins.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Wish there was someway to get rid of Mauer at this point. His $23 million could do alot to help the team. When you look at the numbers, the Twins definitely overachieved this year. I fear if Terry Ryan doesn't do a whole lot, we could regress back to the mean next year. Hoping for a busy offseason for the Twins.

We'll take on Mauer's contract if you throw in Sano :sarcasm:

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
a lot of rumors going around on dc radio because apparently bud black daughter tweeted "nattitude" with a link to a article on her dad and dc. (also they talking about how she goes to school at university of maryland) probably means nothing but so strange how one tweet means something is happening

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil

The only thing I could see is the Twins and Mauer agreeing to restructure - either by deferring some of the 69 M left (23 M for the next 3 years) to 10+ years from now or they rework the contract to add a year or 2 and shift some of that 69 M to those extra 2 years to save some $ for the next 3 years. I believe Todd Helton did something similar when the Rockies were contending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad