MLB Off-Season News & Notes Thread: Things Be Boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
kelly to the pen would help.

Yeah, I agree. Though I can't fault them for wanting to see what Miley might get. Given the prices for SP this off season, his remaining $ and term may look appealing. But Kelly should be moved to the pen, he can do some damage from there.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Some mighty fine click bait from Ken. That's like John Lackey's contract having incentives for a cy young award.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
yeah i'd just see if joe kelly can turn into the next wade davis.

but then again, they just overpaid for a closer when they already have one.

Well, they got an even better one (albeit they did pay a handsome price for it), and were able to move a good Closer (when healthy) to the SU role, that's not bad at all. If they put Kelly in the pen he can get the 7th inning and suddenly (at least on paper) you have a nice looking 7-8-9 train going on.

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Frazier could be great on RedSox. That Sandawful presence though...

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I wish the Angels had enough to give the Reds for Frazier, but we have absolutely nothing.

robert terwilliger

the bart, the
Nov 14, 2005
sw florida
Well, they got an even better one (albeit they did pay a handsome price for it), and were able to move a good Closer (when healthy) to the SU role, that's not bad at all. If they put Kelly in the pen he can get the 7th inning and suddenly (at least on paper) you have a nice looking 7-8-9 train going on.

yeah but they way overpaid for something that wasn't really a need since they had both uehara and tazawa perfectly capable of closing games. for as much as they gave up, ross should have come too.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
yeah but they way overpaid for something that wasn't really a need since they had both uehara and tazawa perfectly capable of closing games. for as much as they gave up, ross should have come too.

Yes, it was a big price to pay, but they still didn't touch any of the young prospect players on the MLB Roster (Betts, Bogaerts, Swihart) and didn't touch the absolute top of the Farm System prospects. Apparently the trade market for a younger SP with team control (like Ross) these teams were looking at Swihart as a "secondary piece"...so I don't know if the market would've allowed them to trade a package like they did for Kimbrel to get a top-flight CL and a young SP, without giving up the same package AND including someone like Swihart in the deal.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Aaand with the news that Price's agent said Price wanted to come back to Toronto and was shocked at the lack of offer, guess what the Blue Jays thread on the Toronto board has become :cry::help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad