in the midnight sea
All the City Connect jerseys are ass.

The Pirates one was actually decent last year

1706975317520.png

Reactions: Marc the Habs Fan

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
As a local the PGH makes sense as we have been using that abbreviation on return addresses for many many decades
Gotcha. At least Pittsburgh hasn't run that abbreviation into the ground. The ATL mark on all of Atlanta's jersey's is tiresome and annoying.

I did just notice the "honeycomb" design on those jerseys...Not a fan of that. The colors are awesome, though.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Billy Eppler suspended for fudging injuries for roster manipulation

Man, whoever the player was who ratted him out is so never seeing another contract in this league. You can be sure its likely known inside MLB circles exactly who it was too.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
what's wrong with comiskey
It's not a mallpark and is generally viewed as horribly outdated.

Now, I've never been to Chicago, so I can't actually speak to park myself, but that is the general consensus. There may be some people who disagree, whether visitors or people who have grown up with the park, but I commonly hear whatever they call Comiskey Park these days considered among the bottom third parks in the league.

The main complaints are the bland architecture, the distant upper deck, the concourse, and the food. Food is easy to fix if that's even really a problem, but you can't renovate around the structural problems - not without ruinous cost.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005

Now, I've never been to Chicago, so I can't actually speak to park myself, but that is the general consensus. There may be some people who disagree, whether visitors or people who have grown up with the park, but I commonly hear whatever they call Comiskey Park these days considered among the bottom third parks in the league.

The main complaints are the bland architecture, the distant upper deck, the concourse, and the food. Food is easy to fix if that's even really a problem, but you can't renovate around the structural problems - not without ruinous cost.
I want to say that’s the park where it was impossible for me to get from the field level to the second deck and vice versa. My memory is San Diego and Seattle have some sort of dumb issue too where you either can’t easily walk from left to right field or something and have to make the walk from all the way around the field behind home plate

Cubs2024WSChamps

Tate MacRae follows me on Tiktok
Apr 29, 2015

Well.....

As somebody who has actually been to third rate field or whatever it's name is, the food is excellent.

Everything else tho is the drizzling shits. Plus you gotta wear a vest. Cheap tickets, and they usually have a "bring a can of soup, get a free ticket" night but demand that can before entrance so you don't throw it on the field.

Not that Wrigley isn't anything better. The place reeks of urine and the stench of car air freshners. Think of that scene in Seven, but on a larger scale.

Did I mention the rats? A couple years ago a woman screamed so loud after seeing a rat everyone in the bleachers thought she was giving birth to a midget.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Most of these guys aren't actually that good, or have serious consistency issues. They probably want more money than teams are willing to offer.
I mean that’s just not true. At least half of that list has very good players with some having elite skills. To say they ‘aren’t very good’ isn’t factual. Some have flaws but they would be upgrades and additions for a lot of teams.

Your point of them asking them asking for more money then they are worth is still valid though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad