Just when you thought the franchise couldn't sink any lower

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
Yeah, there is no path for him to stay.
I would say this punches Hoskins ticket out of Philly

Part of me hates that.

Rhys has a great eye and our lineup needs a person who can take pitches and walk. Most of the lineups approach is dog-shit.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Part of me hates that.

Rhys has a great eye and our lineup needs a person who can take pitches and walk. Most of the lineups approach is dog-shit.

I wouldn't mind seeing him land on the western side of the Commonwealth, of course ownership would have to back Cherrington's claims of adding actual pieces for that to happen

Reactions: SnS

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
The Cardinals have been saying they need 3 starters (and they do) since August and now all of the sudden Mo is saying they need two. Is the money not there or does he really believe in Matz/Liberatore/Hudson/Thompson? (Hence and Graceffo should be up at some point during the season but not until probably June the earliest)

If they're only getting two one of them better be Yamamoto or Snell. I'll shrug my shoulders if all the come away with is like Gray and bring Montgomery back.

Have a bad feeling Dylan Carlson gets traded and finally blossoms.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
The Cardinals have been saying they need 3 starters (and they do) since August and now all of the sudden Mo is saying they need two. Is the money not there or does he really believe in Matz/Liberatore/Hudson/Thompson? (Hence and Graceffo should be up at some point during the season but not until probably June the earliest)

If they're only getting two one of them better be Yamamoto or Snell. I'll shrug my shoulders if all the come away with is like Gray and bring Montgomery back.

Have a bad feeling Dylan Carlson gets traded and finally blossoms.

He's gonna try to coax one more year out of Waino

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
What are your favorite HR's ever?

. (opening day at home, first big league AB)

. (shortest most compact swing for a 500 ft home run)

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
I

just got PTSD from remembering that Podsednik walk-off.. THAT was the moment that I knew Lidge was broken for us. Sure , the Pujols shot was a mammoth one but Oswalt saved us the next game.... After that G1 WS HR though...... I knew we were screwed for the rest of that series and that something was seriously wrong with Brad.

Your whole post was one bad memory after another lol..

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Favourite home runs ever?

That's tough, there's definitely been some great ones posted. Bautista's seems obligatory at this point as well so I'll counter with a different Jays home run.....more recent and under much different circumstances.

I love everything about this home run. :laugh:

On the road, at Fenway, with the bases loaded, and it was the most memorable moment of what would be a record-breaking offensive performance by the Jays that day.

Also hands down the best thing Tapia did during his short stint with Toronto.

Made even better by the fact that the bases were loaded and Tapia seemed disappointed after the swing because he figured he'd given Duran an easy out. Nope.

Keeping it Jays related (kind of):

Not sure why this one always stands out to me but I think it's just the rarity of a home run hitting the upper deck in RIGHT field, at Rogers Centre. Incredibly rare feat.

Another personal fave, and perhaps even more rare:

Wasn't too often Mariano Rivera would give up a home run of any kind, let alone a walkoff.

But Ichiro go the better of him in that one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad