MLB off-season news & notes discussion thread

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Imagine if Griffey was healthy for as long as Bonds was. Griffey would of hit 800 homers and who knows how many rbi’s

I love Griffey but this is not true, he did not have one single season where he had a better AB/HR ratio than Bonds had for his entire Giants career, had he kept up his career pace and played the same # of games as Bonds he would have been closer, in the area of 710 hrs, but short of him playing 26 years at his Mariners pace, he was not going to hit 800 hr

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Even before he transformed into the hulk and his head grew to size of a basketball, Bonds was clearly the superior player. It's really not a contest.

Reactions: TheTotalPackage

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea

He was before my time but he still had my favorite nickname: The Capital Punisher

Even before he transformed into the hulk and his head grew to size of a basketball, Bonds was clearly the superior player. It's really not a contest.
You've been around HFboards long enough to know by now, Everything is a contest here

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Scott Kingery had his $13m option declined so he gets a $1m buyout.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Scott Kingery had his $13m option declined so he gets a $1m buyout.

Still technically under team control as he now reverts to his minor league deal signed when drafted, so he is now Arb eligible, though a release wouldn't be a shock

• Wow
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I'm down for Anderson to be Toronto's starting 2B next season, with Biggio playing 3B

Sign Ohtani to DH, Bellinger to play LF, and that's the off-season wrapped up just in time for Christmas!

Anderson 2B
Bichette SS
Ohtani DH
Guerrero 1B
Bellinger LF
Springer RF
Biggio 3B
Jansen/Kirk C
Varsho CF

Yeah, I think that might just solve the team's offensive struggles

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
I'm down for Anderson to be Toronto's starting 2B next season, with Biggio playing 3B

Sign Ohtani to DH, Bellinger to play LF, and that's the off-season wrapped up just in time for Christmas!

Anderson 2B
Bichette SS
Ohtani DH
Guerrero 1B
Bellinger LF
Springer RF
Biggio 3B
Jansen/Kirk C
Varsho CF

Yeah, I think that might just solve the team's offensive struggles

Jays need power bats......not sure if Anderson fits the mold.

Would absolutely love the rest though, if Rogers opened up the purse-strings and brought in Shohei and Cody.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad