OT: MLB Discussion Thread Part XXVII: M*A*S*H Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
What would the Yankees need to give up to get him?

He should fetch a top prospect. Not top prospect in baseball but good systems top prospect. His K-rate is career high, walk rate career low yet his peripheral numbers are in line suggesting it's not a fluke. Boyd is having an excellent year.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
He should fetch a top prospect. Not top prospect in baseball but good systems top prospect. His K-rate is career high, walk rate career low yet his peripheral numbers are in line suggesting it's not a fluke. Boyd is having an excellent year.
Would Frazier and Andujar get it done or nah?

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
I'm glad I don't care about the Yankees as much as the Rangers. What they are doing to Frazier isn't right.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad

I'm always very weary on trading for guys who have that 1 year (or in this case, 2 and a half months) where they look pristine, especially pitchers.

It seems like 9 times out of 10, they revert back to what they usually are.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
BTW what happened to Edwin Diaz?

This trade is looking predictably awful, but not many expected Diaz to drop off a cliff like this I reckon.

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey
BTW what happened to Edwin Diaz?

This trade is looking predictably awful, but not many expected Diaz to drop off a cliff like this I reckon.

Edwin was playing pretty well for a good chunk of the season so far and then that disastrous game against the Dodgers happened and since then he's seen his numbers balloon quite a bit.

Mets bullpen has not been my favorite thing this season I must admit.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Clint deleted nearly every insta post and unfollowed the Yankees

Clint Frazier (@clintfrazierr) • Instagram photos and videos
Something is happening. But why now? The trade market is still developing. Why in the hell would we make a move now. The SPs that may be available now would not be the right arm to give Frazier up for. Frazier, regardless of his average to below average defense, should still be part of a package for a big arm.

This also could be Frazier just doing the norm. He gets upset with the team or how things are going and acts out

Edit* didnt realize he was optioned earlier but that could tie into my second theory which is him acting out towards the organization via social media.

Yankees chose Maybin instead. I think is the right move. Frazier needs to play. He cant play once or twice a week. He needs to continue to get ABs whether he is staying or going

Last edited:

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Yet a whole bunch of talented hitters cant do it effectively.

So yeah, you must think they all must be stubborn cause girls dig the long ball and I think that I'll side on the players that have gone on record to say that it can mess with their swing and while it's indeed in the school of hitting...the school of hitting major league pitchers is hard, even for a talented major league hitter.

It's cool, just a difference of opinion. Even if he never learns the skill I'll take Torres going forward without it.
Actually the most talented hitters can do it effectively. They are mature and are situational hitters when needed. No dont make some childish absurd comment to cloud the argument about ‘chicks digging the long ball.’

Stepping in the bucket to try and jack a pitch out of the park is not the normal swing. There is a difference. All too often Torres takes this type of swing rather than staying focused and hitting the ball where its pitched. He is capable of doing it. He has shown he can do it. He makes the decision as he is going up to the plate what his approach is going to be. He has shortened up his swing before and has been successful when doing so, so again its not that he cant do it. Its choice. Its a mindset. He is 22 and I hope it changes because he is not a homerun hitter.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Relievers are so volatile. It’s pretty damn hard to find one who is consistent year in and year out.

He’s better than he has been though that trade never made any sense to me.

I'm a big believer in trading RPs at their peaks. It's ridiculous how often teams will pay premium for them.

Reactions: Cassano

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Frazier will be part of a deal for a starter. Think that is pretty much a guarantee. Unless there are more injuries he'll be playing in the minors the rest of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad