OT: MLB Discussion Thread Part XXVI: Batteries Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY

Andujar still has the bad habit. He is double pumping before he throws. Worked all offseason and did not break the habit...

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Saw this on another forum, but apparently, a reporter for espn deportes is saying Machado to the Yankees on a short term deal with multiple opt-outs. He has 33k followers.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey

Andujar still has the bad habit. He is double pumping before he throws. Worked all offseason and did not break the habit...

I get keeping your comfort zone and rhythm, and double pumping is fine when you have all day to throw, but inevitably he's going to mentally rush his throws because of it.

Reactions: RGY

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I'd give Harper 1year $45M/2year-$90M.

Yankees need a LH bat.

Judge
Harper
Stanton

If he can show to be a consistent MVP candidate, he can get a fat contract. There's too much variance in his production; dont know what player we're getting

I truly don't see the need for Machado

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Assuming that Harper can play 1b is quite the leap.

It's the easiest position on the field, but he's never done it before.

There is a reason the Yankees have loaded their roster with RH bats. The need for a lefty is overrated.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I don't think the players expected the luxury tax to provide as much incentive as it did for teams to not overspend and now they're not happy about it. The problem is there's no incentive for the bad poorer teams to spend anything at all.

The union wants to solve the problem? Hard salary cap with a floor minimum. Then teams will have to spend money to reach the floor, and the big boys will still throw $ around as long as they stay under the cap. Set % of revenue that goes to the players etc. so that way both sides are happy with the total $ spent and that's it. Teams that are in it to make a buck with minimal risk will never throw $ around, forget the big contracts. At least with the Cap they'll be forced to spend some of their money on FA's to hit the cap floor, and will drive up competition.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Saw this on another forum, but apparently, a reporter for espn deportes is saying Machado to the Yankees on a short term deal with multiple opt-outs. He has 33k followers.

There is no room for Manny unless they trade Andujar.

It is addition by subtraction, and then some, to “try” Andujar at 1B or LF. He has never played either position in his entire life. He has enough trouble playing the position he has played his whole life. LF is not easy to play in Yankee Stadium. Youre also creating more decisions and blocking Frazier and Voit/Bird.

Just dont see it.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Dont even mention Bird.. he's atrocious.

If anything this team needs another stud pitcher to go to in the playoffs. Tanaka is our gamer/stud in the playoffs.. He needs some help. Severino has choked 2 years in a row and Paxton is unproven. Hopefully Severino can grow out of it and Paxton is clutch but I'd save that money for a possible 2020 SP FA (Sale, Cole, Bumgarner, Verlander )

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
There is no room for Manny unless they trade Andujar.

It is addition by subtraction, and then some, to “try” Andujar at 1B or LF. He has never played either position in his entire life. He has enough trouble playing the position he has played his whole life. LF is not easy to play in Yankee Stadium. Youre also creating more decisions and blocking Frazier and Voit/Bird.

Just dont see it.

If they get Machado, they'll make room. You worry about that later.

For starters, Andujar becomes the DH and Stanton the everyday left fielder with Gardner being a 4th outfielder.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I'd trade/package Andujar for a pitcher like Snell, then Machado can make more sense.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Dont even mention Bird.. he's atrocious.

If anything this team needs another stud pitcher to go to in the playoffs. Tanaka is our gamer/stud in the playoffs.. He needs some help. Severino has choked 2 years in a row and Paxton is unproven. Hopefully Severino can grow out of it and Paxton is clutch but I'd save that money for a possible 2020 SP FA (Sale, Cole, Bumgarner, Verlander )
Write Bird off all you want.

He is the only lefty bat we have besides Didi. He is going to get ABs. Comeback player of the year

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Write Bird off all you want.

He is the only lefty bat we have besides Didi. He is going to get ABs. Comeback player of the year
j6r4cfF.jpg

Reactions: Inferno
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad