OT: MLB Discussion Thread Part XXVI: Batteries Reporting

Status
Not open for further replies.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I forsee Stanton having a massive year. It'd be great to have Judge and Stanton competing and mashing. Both with over 50HR would be fun to watch

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
300 million but with California taxes. San Diego had to overpay. Oh well. Enjoy the warm weather and never winning a title Manny.

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Harper I assume will be a Philly or a National real soon.

I don't know about the Phillies, look at the tweet below.

@ToddZolecki
Follow Follow @ToddZolecki
More
#Phillies GM Matt Klentak, on Manny Machado's $300 million deal: "We had a pretty good idea of where this thing was going. ... If the reports are true, then this contract will exceed our valuation and sometimes you have to be willing to walk away."

11:49 AM - 19 Feb 2019

Harper's likely going to get what Machado did, and maybe more ($325-$350 for 10-12 years)

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
I don't know about the Phillies, look at the tweet below.

@ToddZolecki
Follow Follow @ToddZolecki
More
#Phillies GM Matt Klentak, on Manny Machado's $300 million deal: "We had a pretty good idea of where this thing was going. ... If the reports are true, then this contract will exceed our valuation and sometimes you have to be willing to walk away."

11:49 AM - 19 Feb 2019

Harper's likely going to get what Machado did, and maybe more ($325-$350 for 10-12 years)

Then his price will have to come down or he’ll have to accept that offer from washington if it’s still on the table.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Then his price will have to come down or he’ll have to accept that offer from washington if it’s still on the table.
Who knows. The consensus among the baseball pundits seemed to be the ship had sailed on Machado getting close to the 10/300 numbers. And then he got it, from San Diego of all places. I don't remember seeing anyone that thought San Diego would be paying $300M for anyone, ever.

I don't really know what Harper's market looks like now. I know that Machado apparently played his hand pretty well, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Harper now do the same.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Who knows. The consensus among the baseball pundits seemed to be the ship had sailed on Machado getting close to the 10/300 numbers. And then he got it, from San Diego of all places. I don't remember seeing anyone that thought San Diego would be paying $300M for anyone, ever.

I don't really know what Harper's market looks like now. I know that Machado apparently played his hand pretty well, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Harper now do the same.

Maybe, maybe not. Who knows.

Reactions: nyr2k2

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island

I will say though that he has a VERY limited market now.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
All he needs is 2 teams to have interest though.

He's going to get paid too. Not the 10/400 some thought was possible a year ago, but he'll still get paid.
That might be where the bidding starts for Trout.

Trout after 1,065 games at age 26 - 64.3 WAR
Griffey Jr after 1057 games at age 26 - 50.1 WAR

Last edited:

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland

Ah, I love it. Guys report, and everyone is swinging it like they've never swung it, throwing it like they've never thrown it, has lost X pounds of fat, added X pounds of muscle, and is in the best shape of their lives. Every year. :laugh:

I mean I hope for Bird's sake he's healthy and can put it together, but we'll see.

Reactions: One Winged Angel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad