OT: MLB Discussion Thread: Part XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
This.

If the Yankees get out of the Stanton contract I can see it. Otherwise I think they can only fit one. Bring back the Evil Empire.
One of the reasons why that trade made no sense. With Harper and Machado available the next year, there was no reason to saddle ourselves with that contract.

Dec 9, 2009
New York City
One of the reasons why that trade made no sense. With Harper and Machado available the next year, there was no reason to saddle ourselves with that contract.

One of my first reactions was 'they must not want Harper or Machado'.

Cashman has done a lot of good but that was a questionable trade. For one they have a younger, better and cheaper version of him already on the team. Judge.
Second, why not inquire about Christian Yelich? That's the Marlin hitter who he should have been trying to get. At the time, something like Frazier and a couple of B, AAA pitching prospect, likely would have gotten it done.

Reactions: LeetchisGod

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC

Cashman has done a lot of good but that was a questionable trade. For one they have a younger, better and cheaper version of him already on the team. Judge.
Second, why not inquire about Christian Yelich? That's the Marlin hitter who he should have been trying to get. At the time, something like Frazier and a couple of B, AAA pitching prospect, likely would have gotten it done.
No doubt a much better and cheaper player. Unfortunately it's been the Yankee way to chase the big name.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
They could sign all three even with Stanton but they wont.

I still hate that we signed CC.

I'm ok with the CC signing if they are looking to add 2 more starters (like Corbin and Happ). He can be a spot starter to give the main 5 in the rotation the occasional rest and be there in the case of injuries.

There is a rumor floating around out there of a Sanchez for Realmuto deal.

Not really a fan of that.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Brinson, Diaz, Harrison were all ranked in Brewers top-10. 4th piece in that deal (Yamamoto) just dominated AA. So no couple B-type prospects and Frazier wouldn't get it done.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I drove the Yelich bus last offseason.

Milwaukee's package would have been tough to beat. Brinson was very, very highly thought of when he was traded.

Reactions: darko

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
No. Keep em all. Eff the rest of baseball.

I have said this a lot of times.

I will repeat myself a lot of times.

The Red Sox destroyed us. The Red Sox just played New York, New York during their World Series parade.

I want everybody. I want Machado. I want Harper. I want Corbin. I want Keuchel. I want MadBum. I want Happ. I want our depth to be so good that our backups could win the WildCard. I want our #5 pitcher to be JA Happ. [Mod] I want Andrew Miller to be the fifth best option in our bullpen.

We are the f***ing Yankees. Was Kevin Durant overkill? Ask a Warriors fan. Give me some f***ing flags.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Inferno

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Well, there was zero link to him. And as LeetchisGod said, Yanks like big names and Stanton was coming off a MVP. Which also helps with ticket sells. Cashman also loves Hicks. Not crazy to think he didn't ask about him.

Just because there is zero links it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Lots of stuff doesn't get leaked.

2Leetch_94

Kreid Me A River
Sep 16, 2005
New Jersey
The reigning NL MVP that the Marlins were so desperate to move they took back Castro's contract and threw in 30M just to get it done. Stanton fell into Cashman's lap and is barely higher than Ellsbury's AAV for payroll purposes.

Doesn't mean Cashman, or every other GM in baseball, hadn't asked about Yelich or Realmuto since last winter.

Is the bird in hand worth two in the bush? It's asking a lot to sign Harper AND Machado even without Stanton in the fold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad