OT: MLB Athletics in Vegas

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Too funny the announcement still shows the rendering they said should be thrown in the garbage.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

Design expected to be selected in October from 2 competing firms.

Union and league to determine playing home after lease expires.

I read somewhere the Giants only want to share for 30-40 games a year because they get a lot of events.

I think someone else said they thought a split between Las Vegas Ballpark to start the year then Oracle Park to share with the Giants during the hottest parts of the summer for 2025-2027 seemed to be a likely solution.

Last edited:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
I read/heard TV report that LV Ballpark might have to install artificial turf due to increased usage by two teams.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Imagine the ghost town any park in the Bay Area would be. They could play in a college stadium and have plenty of seats to sell.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Imagine the ghost town any park in the Bay Area would be. They could play in a college stadium and have plenty of seats to sell.

I read that Las Vegas Ballpark is their optimal choice.

Another article said they would continue to get a cut of millions of Bay Area broadcast money for those years if they play some games in the Bay Area or northern California, I'm not sure. Plus gets away from the hottest months in Vegas if they split between Las Vegas Ballpark and Oracle Park.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I read that Las Vegas Ballpark is their optimal choice.

Another article said they would continue to get a cut of millions of Bay Area broadcast money for those years if they play some games in the Bay Area or northern California, I'm not sure. Plus gets away from the hottest months in Vegas if they split between Las Vegas Ballpark and Oracle Park.
Getting the TV money could be the only explanation for it. I don't think the Giants have any desire for them to share the park but as they say the MLB will decide and could force them to do it. The summer plans make sense for weather but are absolutely horrible for fans. I do like Brodie Brazil's idea that they could play in SLC for 3 or more years if the ballpark is vacant and provide a trial run for the market for expansion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad