GBU Mittelstadt Mode - Win 3-1 over the NYI, 10/21/23

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I have had a solid read on him since his days in the W. He is a rock head. He doesn't fit with quick thinking players. What he brings you can get elsewhere cheaply and with more effectiveness. He is not anywhere near Mitts in potential or skill.
then he can be a rock head 4C for years to come

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Surprised to see the lowest TOI on the defense tonight was Jokiharju at 14:45. That was almost 3 minutes less than EJ. Also, nice to see Dahlin only at 23 and Power only 22.

I noticed that too. Do they see him as an offense-only guy, and shortened his minutes with a lead?

random game variation….

I looked at ES between this game and Calgary and it was similar.

the difference was in PK time. This game he didn’t play as much.

thst could be just the luck of events and timing

Reactions: BuffaloMango

Archie Lee

Apr 13, 2018
I have had a solid read on him since his days in the W. He is a rock head. He doesn't fit with quick thinking players. What he brings you can get elsewhere cheaply and with more effectiveness. He is not anywhere near Mitts in potential or skill.
You are the only person I’ve ever heard describe Krebs as a rock head. His hockey IQ is a strength. He will be fine.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
I wonder what the breakdown is on that before and after their first goal. The Islanders not being able to play their center ice wall since they didn't have the lead may have opened up some ice. But they were still getting around the Isles' neutral zone miasma with speed.

That reminds me, to add to the good:

This was a rare, entertaining Isles game

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
Nice game. Mitts looked great. Maybe he can finally put together a full season of the type of play we've been hoping for this year. But almost everyone played well tonight. Tage is knocking on the door. Hopefully the flood gates are about to burst open

Worth noting that Joker's advanced stats were insanely good tonight. Hopefully that trend continues.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Surprised to see the lowest TOI on the defense tonight was Jokiharju at 14:45. That was almost 3 minutes less than EJ. Also, nice to see Dahlin only at 23 and Power only 22.
It's good to see the added defensive depth in the offseason pay dividends tonight.

Reactions: HOOats

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Not taking anything away from our boys, but I think the Isles playing in an OT track meet last night against the Devils and then arriving here pretty late had a lot to do with the results on the ice tonight.

No pity here though, glad we were able to take advantage of them.

Reactions: Jacob582

ZemgusWho

Jun 19, 2007
Denver
Still a little bummed, as someone who doesn’t live in Buffalo anymore, to see so many empty seats on a Saturday night. Was watching some of the other games on ESPN and Buffalo was a serious outlier with seemingly poor attendance.

I mean I’ve watched the team every night throughout the drought. But unless the city of Buffalo has taken out of love with hockey… that attendance was the only ugly part of the game.

Hope the fans start coming back… but I said that last year and I’m not feeling optimistic if this is where we are with a roster/expectations like this.

Reactions: BuffaloMango

alehman42

Sponsor
Apr 13, 2015
83eghh.jpg

Sound_n_Fury

Apr 3, 2005
They finally (mostly) played like the team I was expecting them to be this season. Hope this is the start of a trend!
Just need to play tired teams on the tail end of back-to-back games 70 or so more times. That should do the trick.

BFLO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2015
G: They won! And looked way better doing it than expected. This is the type of game that gives hope that they’ll turn it around in short order and make the playoffs. Needed this.

I called for this exact top 6 lineup in the offseason. Tallest line in Hockey.

B: Clifton with another own goal.

U:

Reactions: SpazPlayzz

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Still a little bummed, as someone who doesn’t live in Buffalo anymore, to see so many empty seats on a Saturday night. Was watching some of the other games on ESPN and Buffalo was a serious outlier with seemingly poor attendance.

I mean I’ve watched the team every night throughout the drought. But unless the city of Buffalo has taken out of love with hockey… that attendance was the only ugly part of the game.

Hope the fans start coming back… but I said that last year and I’m not feeling optimistic if this is where we are with a roster/expectations like this.
Attendance wasn't quite as bad as I thought.. 16k

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
Samuelsson was a beast on the pk tonight, EJ continues to be a stud there too. He’s looking like a very good signing so far

Reactions: Tsujimoto

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 1