GBU Mittelstadt Mode - Win 3-1 over the NYI, 10/21/23

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Surprised to see the lowest TOI on the defense tonight was Jokiharju at 14:45. That was almost 3 minutes less than EJ. Also, nice to see Dahlin only at 23 and Power only 22.
I noticed that too. Do they see him as an offense-only guy, and shortened his minutes with a lead?

SwordsgoneWild

WhenyougazeintotheabysstheBuffaloSabresgazeback
Mar 6, 2011
Lake Worth,Fl
Got the Habs then we get a tough 3 game stretch

@ Sens
@ Devils
Avs

Then a home and home against the Flyers.

If we can go 4-2 across these next 6 I will be ecstatic.

CaliSabresfan24

Aug 21, 2021
San Jose,CA
G:
Everyone
Mittelstadt mode is gonna cost the Sabres some money
Greenway continues his great play.
Comrie needs to stay in net. Guy looked like a starter tonight.
Every line generated multiple scoring chance.
Cozens finally getting one after some rough chances earlier he couldn't bury
Sammy goal.

B:
Clifton ruining Comries shutout

U:
The literal definition on "Kneeing" is what Pelech did to Skinner... unreal that wasn't called.
Cutterbuck and Martin doing there stupid bullshit at the end of the 2nd.. Clutterbuck committed 3 penalties alone and got nothing..

This is the Sabres I remember from the end of last year Hopefully this game gets the boys back in the groove of things!

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Swapping Mittelstadt and Thompson worked.

I’ve wrote this a bunch: I like Cozens better as a winger. He plays faster.

I like Krebs better off the 4th line. He adds some grit to the top 9.

Johnson looks like he’s going to be the stabilizing force on D for the Sabres. Smart signing.

BuffaloMango

Mar 14, 2023
A big problem of why the Sabres can’t fill the stadium isn’t just the losing. It’s that it was unwatchable hockey. Even at its best it sucked. The last year or two under KA and GA the opposite has been true of this team, even when they’ve sucked they’ve played some good hockey.

The last week or two has created some PTSD.

Tonight was good hockey. Tucher dropping the gloves was awesome, got me fired up from the couch. Comrie was good. I’d like some more rebound control, but the defense was in sync, and everything was good.

A quick patting of myself on the back. Since the end of last year I’ve been pounding the table for Greenway - Thompson -Cozens and Skinner - Mitts - Tuch. They pulled through tonight.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016

Johnson looks like he’s going to be the stabilizing force on D for the Sabres. Smart signing.
Nah...he makes everyone around him worse. Best to shelter him on the 4th or better yet trade him.

deVolt

Jun 4, 2018
Göteborg
F9Af3Q6WAAAGdW2

Ras & Cobra and Mitts had a perfect game. Bryson is rubbing his hands watching Clifton.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
In the old days there would of been a couple brawls in this one, May would of wiped them out.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Nah...he makes everyone around him worse. Best to shelter him on the 4th or better yet trade him.
I do t think you’ve got a good read on the kid. He was at his best during his first season with the Sabres. Then he struggles last season early, so Granato puts him at 4C so he can learn to play a more sound game.

He’s about 2 games in off the 4th line. Patience worked with Mittelstadt and it’ll work with Krebs. He works hard and plays with intensity.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
The Bad -

The lack of technology in video review for this league. Join the 21st century NHL.

this kind of play will be hard to see no matter where you put cameras.

NFL has the same problem in line scrums and short yardagr plays where they just can’t see through people

you would need to have the entire surface of a puck having sensors to be able to geomap thr puck inside the net. Even then you thrn run the risk of the puck sensors breaking by shots.

if you put a center tracker you would also need a complicated sensor tracker that could measure its orientation accurately. But the gis technology just is not there yet for that kind of tracking. Maybe in 10 years it could be there.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
A big problem of why the Sabres can’t fill the stadium isn’t just the losing. It’s that it was unwatchable hockey. Even at its best it sucked. The last year or two under KA and GA the opposite has been true of this team, even when they’ve sucked they’ve played some good hockey.

The last week or two has created some PTSD.

Tonight was good hockey. Tucher dropping the gloves was awesome, got me fired up from the couch. Comrie was good. I’d like some more rebound control, but the defense was in sync, and everything was good.

A quick patting of myself on the back. Since the end of last year I’ve been pounding the table for Greenway - Thompson -Cozens and Skinner - Mitts - Tuch. They pulled through tonight.

Reactions: BuffaloMango

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

It seemed like Thompson handled more time on wing than Cozens to me, but Greenway gives them both a cover. He had a nice game as the Hecht role on that unit tonight.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
I do t think you’ve got a good read on the kid. He was at his best during his first season with the Sabres. Then he struggles last season early, so Granato puts him at 4C so he can learn to play a more sound game.

He’s about 2 games in off the 4th line. Patience worked with Mittelstadt and it’ll work with Krebs. He works hard and plays with intensity.
I have had a solid read on him since his days in the W. He is a rock head. He doesn't fit with quick thinking players. What he brings you can get elsewhere cheaply and with more effectiveness. He is not anywhere near Mitts in potential or skill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad