GBU Mittelstadt Mode - Win 3-1 over the NYI, 10/21/23

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
I noticed a switch a few times. But in general, I’ve always thought Cozens would be a better winger than center, unless we slot him as a defensive line center with offensive upside. I think he’s too talented for that though.

Cozens reminds me of a young Kreider with his speed, shot, and no nonsense north south game. I like that better for a winger.

I didn’t compare Krebs to Mittelstadt for talent, just development path.

For now, I’ll take the opinions of Sabres scouts and guys like Mark Edwards, who have never seen Krebs as you describe.
And that is your prerogative. :thumbu:

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I know how cheesy it sounds, but they need to do some f***ing promotions. They took it for granted for so long that people would come to games they don’t really know how to make it attractive. They should take notes from how non-traditional hockey markets got fans to games. And the last game I went to hadn’t changed the in-game entertainment since the aughts. Go to a Vegas game and see the stuff they do. It’s an extremely poorly run franchise on the business side.
They need a rebuilt season ticket base. Once that happens they will consistently have good attendance. It’s a tough market to get a large amount of single game ticket sales. Especially early in the season with the Bills playing.

Reactions: sabremike

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Won a bunch of faceoffs, played good defense through the neutral zone and played physical.

Even in the losses the team seems to be getting comfortable being the more physical team. Big but not physical is turning into scary big and fast. Last night they beat the isles with the body, speed, tenacity and skill. They'll win a lot of games if they can be consistent with that effort. Good to see them raising the bar.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Regarding Cozens, Greenway, and Thompson, I think they all were playing left wing last night.

I call this scheme 'Nega-Krueger'.

1697988009084.png

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
- E Johnson definitely bringing something this team has been lacking.
- More Comrie, please
- Thompson is fighting through it.
- Amazing what Granato is doing with Greenway. He may be the guy everyone said Adams didn't upgrade in the bottom 6 this past off season. Someone who can play up and down the lineup. DEPTH, baby.
- PK ranked 3rd right now at 97.4%
- Mittlestadt showing up early in this season, bringing that 8OA energy.
- Jost belongs in the lineup.
I wish we had a extra A for E. Johnson, looks like another leader for us on/off the ice.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Mittelstadt is good, no qualifiers. I underrated him even after the strong second half last season

Cozens was insanely dangerous, he could have scored 5 goals. Tage is going to score 5 goals against some poor goalie next week.

Tuch is still not where he was last year but he was using his size and speed to make things happen and that's a good sign

Dahlin was dominant

Comrie gave them what they couldn't get last season

the only U is how the hell did we end up shorthanded after the Pelech knee?

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
The Islanders are a very different team chasing rather than backing the bus up to protect a lead.

There's a lot to like from this game; everyone was involved, they finally hit 4 xG in a game, and kept their opponents to 2 xG.

Longer term, I'm concerned they don't really have a game plan to beat heavy teams. If Cozens isn't a center that also leaves a huge hole unless they get Mitts signed to a good deal AND this isn't a career (and contract) year for him.

Reactions: Chainshot

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
The Islanders are a very different team chasing rather than backing the bus up to protect a lead.

There's a lot to like from this game; everyone was involved, they finally hit 4 xG in a game, and kept their opponents to 2 xG.

Longer term, I'm concerned they don't really have a game plan to beat heavy teams. If Cozens isn't a center that also leaves a huge hole unless they get Mitts signed to a good deal AND this isn't a career (and contract) year for him.
Mitts is a no doubter top 6 guy.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Regarding Cozens, Greenway, and Thompson, I think they all were playing left wing last night.

I call this scheme 'Nega-Krueger'.

View attachment 756257

Looks like Greenway and Tage glitched out, maybe restart your game? Might be an issue processing two players of that size or somethin, idk, nhl 24 is buggy so fa- oh.

Anyways, came here for the Casey shoutouts. Watched some replays, that first goal was all him, just a beautiful effort to turn zilch into gold. On the radio it sounded so sudden- stealing it and dangling between three guys for a nasty little pass be like that.

Strong games from so many.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Mitts should also just play the right wall on PP1. Let the man cook.
I said the same thing yesterday. Mitts is an insane disher, he will be far more useful on the PP than Skinner. Cannot believe I'm saying that.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I wish we had a extra A for E. Johnson, looks like another leader for us on/off the ice.
I mean, there's nothing stopping them from rotating the A's. Hell, they could do home/away A's and add a fourth guy. But I don't think they feel a need for it, just like how Tuch isn't wearing a letter either.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Cozens reminds me of a young Kreider with his speed, shot, and no nonsense north south game. I like that better for a winger.
The comparison I've used in the past, and one I continue to see, is that Cozens is Jeff Carter v2.0. Speed, defensive acumen, some physicality, a canon for a shot and the ability to seamlessly transition from center to wing as needed.

Reactions: Der Jaeger

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
I said the same thing yesterday. Mitts is an insane disher, he will be far more useful on the PP than Skinner. Cannot believe I'm saying that.
This was always his best trait. His all around game was just not good enough to make use of it for years. Having wingers like Skinner and Tuch give him a lot to work with and they draw a lot of attention.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad