Mitchell and Flynn

Mach12

Feb 1, 2010
I thought Ott was providing quality impact as 4th liner while Martinsen is not a NHLer. Mitchell's speed and ability to play center is far more valuable.

King is bad but I'd take him over Flynn.

My issue with Ott is between a lack of speed, ticking time bomb for penalties, and the lack of offense, he's not a great fit for the new NHL

The faceoffs do give him an edge over his two linemates, though.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Nesterov out (no-brainer, unless CJ wants to play with 5 D for most of next game again)
Emelin IN (or Davidson if Emelin can't)

Mitchell I like, he's a warrior, his last game was atrocious, but I'm sure he will give it all in PO.

Only suspects for me are King and Martinsen, King does a lot of small things, but still not enough, and Martinsen is wayyy too inconsistent in whatever he does. Ott is needed, not sure why people think otherwise.

Still, I prefer King's experience over Martinsen's inexperience.

Nesterov OUT
Emelin/Davidson IN

Martinsen OUT
Mitchell IN

And I hope we never see Flynn again.

Bench both and get Mitchell and Flynn

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I always said from day 1 that i think Ott is a piece of trash, but he is our trash and he has played better than King and Martinsen. Not sold on Flynn, but I think Mitchell should replace Martinsen at least, though preferably King.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I like what Ott brings to the table to be honest...

Martinsen could sit for sure, seems overwhelmed out there...

Would like to see Mitchell back!

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Should we overreact after one bad game? I thought they played very well in game 1 of the series... Martinsen did look slower last night.

It's not even a question of bad game, I just think Torrey could bring even more!

I like Torrey , maybe I'm biased here... :)

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I think we should try this for next game

Pacioretty - Danault - Radulov
Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Shaw
Byron - Plekanec - Gallagher
McCarron - Ott - Mitchell

Galchenyuk very likely to stay with lehky and shaw
Just a matter if he will play center or winger (he had a lot of presence playing center on that line last night)

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I think we should try this for next game

Pacioretty - Danault - Radulov
Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Shaw
Byron - Plekanec - Gallagher
McCarron - Ott - Mitchell

Galchenyuk very likely to stay with lehky and shaw
Just a matter if he will play center or winger (he had a lot of presence playing center on that line last night)

I'm clearly viewed as a Chucky hater but I don't dislike him at all! I want to see him help this team win and contribute to our success!

But he's a liability defensively ffs! It's so evident...

Mr. Hab

Nov 17, 2004
Montreal
Mitchell in martinsen out

Keep king and ott

Mccaron extra

+1...thinking the same thing.

Mitchell is a heart and soul guy for our Habs...speed/energy, grit, heart, smart defensively and can show underrated offense sometimes...from Montreal (nice bonus),etc,etc.

King...Ott..Mitchell

Mitchell IN.
Davidson IN.
Nesterov OUT.
Martinsen OUT.

Beaulieu may need smart/defensive Benn to cover for his mistakes (or Davidson if he can play on right side). I may trust Beau more with Benn (or Davidson)...vs Nesterov.

Davidson may have good chemistry with Petry (from Oiler days).

Davidson (flu)...does he still have the flu? (or is he ready to go?).

Last edited:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I still don't understand why Mitchell isn't playing unless he's got some sort of injury, would easily put him in next game if he's healthy. Sit Martinsen or King. Wouldn't put McCarron in though, don't think he's ready.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I always said from day 1 that i think Ott is a piece of trash, but he is our trash and he has played better than King and Martinsen. Not sold on Flynn, but I think Mitchell should replace Martinsen at least, though preferably King.

I also couldn't stand Ott's attitude throughout his career... but now he's OUR pain-in-the-ass. First time in awhile I've had that disconnect about a Hab. Still, gotta give him credit -- he's been effective. Plays on the edge but (so far) hasn't screwed us by crossing it.

I still don't understand why Mitchell isn't playing unless he's got some sort of injury, would easily put him in next game if he's healthy. Sit Martinsen or King. Wouldn't put McCarron in though, don't think he's ready.

Mitchell obviously brings a bit more raw skill, which we obviously need with so many missed/late shots. If he's a healthy scratch I can only figure it's because Julien is trying to impose a more physical game with his bigger guys.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Mitchell obviously brings a bit more raw skill, which we obviously need with so many missed/late shots. If he's a healthy scratch I can only figure it's because Julien is trying to impose a more physical game with his bigger guys.

the series has been a physical one, but I can't say I agree with the choice of playing Martinsen over Mitchell. It's troubling to what it may mean for smaller skilled players in the organization going forward since Julien is likely here a while.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
My issue with Ott is between a lack of speed, ticking time bomb for penalties, and the lack of offense, he's not a great fit for the new NHL

He also turned the puck over 3 times that I can remember because he couldn't receive a simple pass.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
the series has been a physical one, but I can't say I agree with the choice of playing Martinsen over Mitchell. It's troubling to what it may mean for smaller skilled players in the organization going forward since Julien is likely here a while.

Julien certainly likes a physical presence. And I agree with him to a degree.

What you're saying is the reason Andrighetto was traded. I was dead against trading him at the time, and I'm even more against that trade now. If Julien didn't want to play him because he felt we had too many small players and not enough physicality, I still would have preferred to have kept Ghetto in the organization and seen if he could contribute offensively next year.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Ott is far from a ticking time bomb. I don't know what you've seen him do in these playoffs that make you think this way. He has not been undisciplined or has shows any inkling of crossing the line. Right now, he's as much a ticking time bomb as Plekanec.

Ott is bringing a lot to the Habs in these last two games. His hit on Zuccarello last night was a thing of beauty. He is hard on the fore-check. He finishes his checks. He helps sustain the pressure in the Rangers' zone.

I am a fan of Steve Ott since he was acquired. And this two games in the playoffs has made me more of a fan of his.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Julien certainly likes a physical presence. And I agree with him to a degree.

What you're saying is the reason Andrighetto was traded. I was dead against trading him at the time, and I'm even more against that trade now. If Julien didn't want to play him because he felt we had too many small players and not enough physicality, I still would have preferred to have kept Ghetto in the organization and seen if he could contribute offensively next year.

I have no problem moving Ghetto, to me he's the kind of player that needs to be on a bottom type team. He's got the speed and shot but not much else imo. I do think he'll be an NHLer but on a top team that lacks forward depth, it's tough to find a spot for him. I think the play of Lehkonen really sealed the fate of Ghetto.

Mach12

Feb 1, 2010
Ott is far from a ticking time bomb. I don't know what you've seen him do in these playoffs that make you think this way. He has not been undisciplined or has shows any inkling of crossing the line. Right now, he's as much a ticking time bomb as Plekanec.

Ott is bringing a lot to the Habs in these last two games. His hit on Zuccarello last night was a thing of beauty. He is hard on the fore-check. He finishes his checks. He helps sustain the pressure in the Rangers' zone.

I am a fan of Steve Ott since he was acquired. And this two games in the playoffs has made me more of a fan of his.

38.46 Corsi For percentage at five-on-five yesterday

The guy is an offensive and possession blackhole. Frankly, he may fit what MB and CJ want to do, but he's the opposite of what I myself view as what you need to succeed these days.

With him on the ice, there is zero chance of a goal.

Also, since he's a possession hole, there's a chance he will take a dumb penalty or get a reputation penalty tracking down a player.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

The guy is an offensive and possession blackhole. Frankly, he may fit what MB and CJ want to do, but he's the opposite of what I myself view as what you need to succeed these days.

Also, since he's a possession hole, there's a chance he will take a dumb penalty or get a reputation penalty tracking down a player.

The qualities he brings are not measured by stats or any fancy percentage you want to look for.

And his CF% does not mean he's a time bomb about to take a penalty.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke

I think the point of Ott is not to score goals but to shake the cage. Does Corsi measure that?? Damn analytics.

I would certainly keep Ott, he does what he needs to do. Have you seen that body check he did behind Price? That is the kind of things you don't see with those damn Corsi numbers. This kind of hits goes into the head of the opposition.

But geez, I would like Mitchell back over King, or at least Martinsen. Now that Chucky may be back with Shaw and Lek, that 4rth line could be a grinding line of Hell.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Please don't bring Flynn!!!!!!! He's awful.

Not sure if McCarron should play either.....

Ott should remain in the lineup right now and Mitchell should play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad