Mitchell and Flynn

Mach12

Feb 1, 2010
Should they not get a chance to play?

Ott, Martinsen and King are terrible. This grind experiment has failed.

Let's inject some speed into this lineup. Byron is the best player right now.

Not even sure what the hell MB was thinking with these three. Gee, let's acquire the worst from the trash heap from teams that are just terrible. Ott was over the hill three years ago. King is the most worthless biggest ***** waste of size. Martinsen was a fourth liner on one of the worst teams that out-tanked teams trying to tank for McDavid

Adam91

Dec 19, 2005
Toronto
Its a no brainer, there's 0 argument in favour of Ott, Martinsen or King. What was their combined corsi tonight? 30?

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Ott has been fine and his faceoffs and physicality are priceless in the playoffs. Martinsen is the only forward I'd sit right now (for Mitchell)

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Pretty clear to me that you need speed to penetrate the ranger minefield in the neutral zone. Mitchell should come in.

You can give ott a rest. He's got a lot of miles and you need to keep him fresh for him to play the type of game that the habs are looking for.

I'd keep king in because despite being slow, he seems to be somewhat responsible defensively.

But the biggest relief of all for me is when the habs can scratch nesterov.

sonnytheman

Apr 9, 2002
Ithaca, Mtl
Visit site
I would sit King for Mitchell. King is just way too slow and can't do anything because of that. Martinsen can at least skate and throw some hits, and he wins puck battles.

Martinsen-Ott-Mitchell

Oh, and please put in Emelin/Davidson for Nesterov.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
Now is the time to give them a chance. Without last change we could lose the matchup game and I don't like the idea of the current 4th line going against the Rangers top lines.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I thought Ott was providing quality impact as 4th liner while Martinsen is not a NHLer. Mitchell's speed and ability to play center is far more valuable. He had good playoffs in past.

King is bad but I'd take him over Flynn and McCarron.

Last edited:

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Nesterov out (no-brainer, unless CJ wants to play with 5 D for most of next game again)
Emelin IN (or Davidson if Emelin can't)

Mitchell I like, he's a warrior, his last game was atrocious, but I'm sure he will give it all in PO.

Only suspects for me are King and Martinsen, King does a lot of small things, but still not enough, and Martinsen is wayyy too inconsistent in whatever he does. Ott is needed, not sure why people think otherwise.

Still, I prefer King's experience over Martinsen's inexperience.

Nesterov OUT
Emelin/Davidson IN

Martinsen OUT
Mitchell IN

And I hope we never see Flynn again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad