Value of: Mitch Marner

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Anyone suggesting Marner needs retention, remember that it also counts for his actual money owed. 2 million retained means you have Marner for the remainder of his contract at 5 mil in real cash per year. A 90+ point 23 year old for 5 mil in cash over the next 5 years is arguably a top-5 non-ELC asset in the league, especially in a pandemic.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Posession numbers are a piece of a story that help forecast scoring goals. To somehow think that having positive posession stats is a negative is beyond dumb.

Possession numbers are a typical excuse on this forum for players, who don't have enough more importants stats. For forwards, those are goals and points.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
yeah. there is no information that I am aware of that has Marners ask that high. It is a pretty good consensus that mid eights would have signed him for 7 to 8 years. That would have been a bargain
Ok, once again I’m not the one that made that statement, I only responded to it. And again I’ll ask for what false information was using that you claimed so many times?

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
Possession numbers are a typical excuse on this forum for players, who don't have enough more importants stats. For forwards, those are goals and points.

Goals and points are just a different stat. More important? I don't know, I guess ask Patrice Bergeron or Ryan O'Reilly. Most stats quoted in these parts are valuable.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Yeah, I'm not even gonna point you out what Toronto fans said about Marner during the series vs Columbus, I don't have time for this, but I assure you, there were a lot of funny things there... funny, considering all these attempts from Toronto fans to defend Marner... Much funnier, than my "smarmy replies".
Again, you cite a lot of people who are children. An appeal to a child like authority is the worse example of a logical falacy

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Ok, once again I’m not the one that made that statement, I only responded to it. And again I’ll ask for what false information was using that you claimed so many times?
Your point total for 1 and the fact that you cited incorrect information is another

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Your point total for 1 and the fact that you cited incorrect information is another
What point total that I posted is incorrect? 60 something? Because 69 is 60 something. And what information did I cite? I think you may need to look up the definition of cited. Or you could just admit that you got overzealous about attacking someone and are now wrong.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
A positive in what context? certainly not this one.
I don’t know. In the context that I was told a positive about Matthews contract was that it gives the leafs flexibility over having a longer contract. Seeing as Matthews and Marner are both stars I would assume it applies here as well. Maybe @Leaf Fans could elaborate more on what he meant.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
The vast majority of leaf fans fully acknowledge just how badly Marner is overpaid. I know there is a vocal minority that hang out here and make the rest of us look bad... but go check out the leafs board. The vast majority of us fully understand just how horrible that contract is.

That being said.... the contract is so player friendly that Marner has already been paid very close to half his contract already. Get that? ONE year into his 6 year contract, he’s already been paid over $30 million of his $65 million contract. That means a team get 5 years of a 6 year contract for almost half price.
With teams looking for internal budgets... Marners contract looks like quite the steal. He has massive trade value. I say the leafs do it.

Reactions: BHD

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
The vast majority of leaf fans fully acknowledge just how badly Marner is overpaid. I know there is a vocal minority that hang out here and make the rest of us look bad... but go check out the leafs board. The vast majority of us fully understand just how horrible that contract is.

That being said.... the contract is so player friendly that Marner has already been paid very close to half his contract already. Get that? ONE year into his 6 year contract, he’s already been paid over $30 million of his $65 million contract. That means a team get 5 years of a 6 year contract for almost half price.
With teams looking for internal budgets... Marners contract looks like quite the steal. He has massive trade value. I say the leafs do it.
You do a fine job of making yourself look bad. You don't need anyone else.

Reactions: Namikaze Minato

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
marner isnt going anywhere

94pts followed up by a 93pt pace

but he makes 10+ so everyone has him gone for scraps. Just stop. 90-100pts this year for mitch

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013

Marner isn't overpaid. That's the wrong term. 10M$ for a ~95 point player? I think thats fine.

The fact that Marner was able to land that contract while he was an RFA with limited negotiation powers is a big failure for Leafs management. But it doesnt mean the player himself is overpaid based on his value or production

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Marner isn't overpaid. That's the wrong term. 10M$ for a ~95 point player? I think thats fine.

The fact that Marner was able to land that contract while he was an RFA with limited negotiation powers is a big failure for Leafs management. But it doesnt mean the player himself is overpaid based on his value or production
Marner makes 10.9 million a year so basically 11 mil. Thats crazy for a 90pt winger that has only topped out at 26 goals and has a ton of secondary assists.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Marner makes 10.9 million a year so basically 11 mil. Thats crazy for a 90pt winger that has only topped out at 26 goals and has a ton of secondary assists.
Making stuff up it seems? Marner had an insane amount of first assists the last few sessons. He has a disproportionate amount of primary assists compared to secondary at 5 on 5, all situations etc.

Let's look at the last 2 years, 5 on 5:
2018/19: 36 first assist, 6 second
2019/20: 17 first assist, 8 second

Your right, the guy is just stacking up secondary points, what a bum

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad