Value of: Mitch Marner

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
Making stuff up it seems? Marner had an insane amount of first assists the last few sessons. He has a disproportionate amount of primary assists compared to secondary at 5 on 5, all situations etc.

Let's look at the last 2 years, 5 on 5:
2018/19: 36 first assist, 6 second
2019/20: 17 first assist, 8 second

Your right, the guy is just stacking up secondary points, what a bum

Why don't you add in all his assists and just not 5 on 5.

My point is 11 million for a winger that only topped out at 26 goals. Thats more than he is worth. More than people would pay. He should make about 8 to 9

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Marner makes 10.9 million a year so basically 11 mil. Thats crazy for a 90pt winger that has only topped out at 26 goals and has a ton of secondary assists.

I don't think so. He's among the highest paid players in the league but also one of the best for offensive production. His age combined with his back to back production at that level implies that he should be able to consistently hit that level (or even improve on) for years to come. I think it's fine to pay top $$ for that.

Tavares makes a lot of money. But he's older, so he's actually on the decline, more than on the rise. Kane, Karlsson, Doughty....same idea.

I don't think the $$ amount is off for the production he brings. It really comes down to how teams typically manage to pay RFA's less than he got - so it was a bad negotiation from Toronto. But the $$ value itself is fine. If Marner had somehow created a legal loophole and become a UFA instead of RFA - that's absolutely the range he would have gotten. In fact - some teams may have even gone higher to land him.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Why don't you add in all his assists and just not 5 on 5.

My point is 11 million for a winger that only topped out at 26 goals. Thats more than he is worth. More than people would pay. He should make about 8 to 9
Now your changing your tune as you clearly just made that bit up without even looking at his stats. Marner is known for his primary assist production. First season with JT im pretty sure broke records for primary assists at 5 on 5.

Just for fun let's look at all strengths production:
2018/19: 52 first, 16 secondary
2019/20: 32 first, 19 secondary.

Of all the things go try to downplay Marner saying he just stacks secondary assists was the worst argument you could have made. But then again you didn't look at the stats but just made that bit up

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Marner + 15oa for Dumba + Fiala.

It still doesn't solve the Center problem in MN , so probably not the best idea for them.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Marner + 15oa for Dumba + Fiala.

It still doesn't solve the Center problem in MN , so probably not the best idea for them.

Lose the pick and it’s at least a fair offer. But if doesn’t solve any problems for the Leafs either really.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad