Prospect Info: Mitch Marner (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I agree with this .. And I haven't seem him with all these turnovers I read. Heck for a guy that handles the puck and makes plays, he play a tidy game in that he isn't overly careless with his passes. There hasn't been a blatant turnover by him that directly lead to the opposition getting a scoring chance.

I think he maybe had 1 somewhat cringe worthy turnover, I can't remember if it was against the U.S. or Denmark though.

Either way, if you have the puck and distribute it a lot, you'll have a lot of turn overs/give aways, it's just the reality of it. Most skilled players won't do anything about it, Marner gets back and helps defensively though.

If Marner's shot goes in and not the post vs the Swiss, or his linemates cashed in on the chances he created, people would sing a different tune. Unfortunately the majority of Leaf fans don't see that, they just see "omg Hanifin is in the NHL, we shoulda drafted him!" or "OMG Strome has more goals, we should have traded up!" - Huge lack of patience on this board and this fan base.

FreeBird

Dec 18, 2005
People were in love with Domi last year at the WJC. When Domi was Marner's age, Domi didn't make the team.

Marner is an 18 year old in a 19 year old tournament.

Strome is playing better than Marner but if you think he is playing THAT much better than Marner, you're out to lunch. Just watch the damn games. When Marner is on the ice the puck is on his stick.

So then the two Finn's should be considered better prospects than Marner. :help:

mikebel111*

So then the two Finn's should be considered better prospects than Marner. :help:

Maybe because they are physically more mature? But no its better to saw Marner is a terrible draft pick(sorry buddy doesnt work that way)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad