Mississauga Steelheads 2015-16 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northern Maroon

Feb 21, 2014
Mississauga ON Canada
I need to know the logic of a 2pm start following a night game in Barrie the night before. It's not as if it's going to increase ticket sales from 1400 to 1500 is it? Good thing game 5 didn't go to OT

Go Mississauga for game 6

jpc7734

Sep 26, 2012
East Avenue
I need to know the logic of a 2pm start following a night game in Barrie the night before. It's not as if it's going to increase ticket sales from 1400 to 1500 is it? Good thing game 5 didn't go to OT

Don't agree with the 2 pm start game should be on Monday or something else just leaving everyone gassed doesn't make for the great finish this series deserves.

Also I know everyone is on the rip Mississauga attendance bandwagon but its time for it to stop. Take a peak on Ticketmaster for tomorrow see how many tickets are left, attendance has been up all year and tomorrow is looking like it won't be any different, there's teams with worse attendance then ours and we aren't far behind a few others. I know everyone loves to hate Toronto but we aren't Toronto we'll have plenty more then 1400 or 1500 hundred proud Mississauga, Brampton, Oakville, Etobicoke, Vaughan, Caledon, Bolton and yes some Toronto fans enjoying a great series, in a great OHL barn. Not a shot at you maroon just sick of people on twitter and even colts play by play guys taking shots at our attendance. I'll be making the drive from my home in Cambridge to the Hershey Centre tomorrow to cheer on my team along with 3500+ close friends.

#dontdoubtthetrout

The Fan

Mar 30, 2014

It is crazy that they schedule games the way they do. The SSM and Sting are in the same boat. Played in Sarnia lastnight, and are playing today in the Soo. Could be a series ender there to.
Go Steelheads!

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
It is crazy that they schedule games the way they do. The SSM and Sting are in the same boat. Played in Sarnia lastnight, and are playing today in the Soo. Could be a series ender there to.
Go Steelheads!

Rink availability is most likely the main reason. Steelheads have the Sunday 2pm time slot all year an the Hershey Centre is a highly used facility in Missy.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
I read somewhere that Bastian is gonna be out if the lineup for game 6. Anyone know if this is true.

He will be out for tonights game.

Sorry Steelheads fans. But I am going to predict a Barrie win tonight.

Coming off a game that Mississauga showed no intensity in, and the fact that they keep relying on flinn way to much, and not to mention the idiotic display of coach in game 4 by boyd, I got Barrie taking this one by a score of 5-2. I'd like to be wrong. I'd like for Mississauga to win the game but they are in tough.

Hope the faithful in Mississauga today is loud. And the 2 pm puck drop isn't that bad. Might get more fans at 2 then the 7 start time tonight due to wrestlemania

EDITED: Well there goes that prediction lol

Last edited:

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
Wow, the Trout have impressed me like you wouldn't believe. Up 4-0 in the second. I would absolutely love to see them knock the Colts off. What a team they will have next year as well!

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Wow, the Trout have impressed me like you wouldn't believe. Up 4-0 in the second. I would absolutely love to see them knock the Colts off. What a team they will have next year as well!

Well done, Missie.
I recall a very entertaining playoff series between London and Barrie that went 7 games. I'd like to see Nylander score the winner with 0.1 s to go in the third of game 7.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
This haha!

What a game! I'll be in Barrie for Game 7!

We got crapped on with snow in KW but i'm thinking about heading down.

I hope Mississauga wipes the floor with the Colts. After watching the Sh&t they pulled today, I hope they get shut out by a touchdown again.

JHUT44

Sep 22, 2015
Peel Region
Massive win by the Trout! I believe they will need a complete team effort and Flinn to bring his best game to beat Barrie in Game 7 in Barrie. the one thing I will say is the Trout defiantly have the Colts rattled, that display in the 3rd period by Barrie should only give Mississauga some confidence. one of the most classless periods of hockey I have ever seen. Outcome of game 7 aside Mississauga fans should be proud of this group they have proven a lot of people wrong and have taken a very good Colts team to 7 games. The experience this team is getting is huge, they will no doubt be the cream of the crop next yr. For now lets complete one of the bigger upsets in recent memory...

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Massive win by the Trout! I believe they will need a complete team effort and Flinn to bring his best game to beat Barrie in Game 7 in Barrie. the one thing I will say is the Trout defiantly have the Colts rattled, that display in the 3rd period by Barrie should only give Mississauga some confidence. one of the most classless periods of hockey I have ever seen. Outcome of game 7 aside Mississauga fans should be proud of this group they have proven a lot of people wrong and have taken a very good Colts team to 7 games. The experience this team is getting is huge, they will no doubt be the cream of the crop next yr. For now lets complete one of the bigger upsets in recent memory...

Bang on JHUT! No matter the outcome tomorrow I'm proud of our team for sticking with the Colts. I think Barrie comes out flying on home ice, game 7 on Sportsnet now.

Boyd and co will have to find a way to be creative and get out of line matchups - quick changes to get Burnside, Bourne and Clark on vs. the top line.

jpc7734

Sep 26, 2012
East Avenue

Nailed it! Win or lose 7 this teams proven a lot of people myself included wrong by taking the series this far. The frustration came across loud and clear with Barrie's classless third period I just hope this last game regardless of the outcome is the finale the series deserves under the bright lights on Sportsnet.

#dontdoubtthetrout

devils55

Mar 9, 2012
Huge Game 7 on Tuesday night! Great game on Sunday! Clark, Burnside, Bourne, Gibson and Leblanc did a tremendous job of shutting down Barrie's' top/only line and getting under their skin.

Missing Bastian will be a huge loss for the Steelheads, if Sadowy is still injured that could be an even trade off.

Look for Flinn to have another huge game as it could be his last in the O.

I think Missi's young guns and Vets will show up on Tuesday and they come out with a victory in Barrie.

4-2 Missi w/ an empty netter.

Burnside, Nylander, Hague and Marchment coming up with the goals.

Kingston in round 2 would be a great series. 2-2 in regular season, Missi coming up with a 2-1 in the last matchup.

Missi's young but talented squad making a name for themselves so far.

Dontdoubtthetrout

Dec 30, 2015
Very excited to be heading to the bmc tn for this beauty . So proud the way steel played this entire series when many had Barrie in 5. All of Canada will be tuning into this barn burner on sportsnet . Hoping the refs don't take over game .. Let them play and decide outcome. 14 back tn? ... Blackwood fold under pressure once again ?. Can't wait for this game 7!

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Are Tippett and M. McLeod both 100% healthy (I'm just asking b/c they'd both be candidates for the upcoming IIHF U18).

Yes they are - I could see McLeod, Day, Hague being on the U18 team. Maybe an outside shot a Tippett as an underager.

Great series. You guys should be really proud of your boys. #dontdoubtthetrout

Thanks! Both teams played great. Good luck in the next round!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad