Status
Not open for further replies.

devils55

Mar 9, 2012
Here are the lines I think they will have come thursday

Bastian - Mcleod - Nylander
Tippett(I would have Marchment) - Clark - Burnside
Marchment(I would have Tippett) - Mcleod - DMB
Bourne - Smith - Dickerson (I would have Lattavo here but I doubt Boyd will do it)

Extras - Harrogate, Harrison, Lattavo

Walsh - Leblanc
Day - Hague
Gibson - Osmanski

Extras - Desousa, O'Donnell

Macker88

Jul 15, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
DMB-M.McLeod-Nylander
Tippett-Bastian-Marchment
Bourne-Clark-Burnside
Dickerson-R.McLeod-Harrogate or Dickerson-Smith-R.McLeod

Hague-Walsh
Day-Osmanski
Gibson-LeBlanc

*DMB has shown ability to thrive when given an opportunity in the top six. He can skate with the top line and play a complementary role to McLeod and Nylander. Then line #2 you have a pure goal scorer in Tippett with two older players who are not only defensively sound but have strong offensive upside. Line #3 then becomes a checking line that you can match against the Labanc line while McLeod line squares off against Colts #2 line. Burnside-Clark-Bourne has the ability to limit Labanc line especially if Hague and Walsh can get out with them against the Colts top line. Line four won't see much ice but I believe Dickerson can provide 4/5 safe, energy minutes. Smith can PK when called upon and also gives safe minutes while the younger McLeod can be inserted on either of the top 2 lines when one of the guys needs a shift off, as well as on the PP or on 4 on 4 situations.

jpc7734

Sep 26, 2012
East Avenue
DMB-M.McLeod-Nylander
Tippett-Bastian-Marchment
Bourne-Clark-Burnside
Dickerson-R.McLeod-Harrogate or Dickerson-Smith-R.McLeod

Hague-Walsh
Day-Osmanski
Gibson-LeBlanc

*DMB has shown ability to thrive when given an opportunity in the top six. He can skate with the top line and play a complementary role to McLeod and Nylander. Then line #2 you have a pure goal scorer in Tippett with two older players who are not only defensively sound but have strong offensive upside. Line #3 then becomes a checking line that you can match against the Labanc line while McLeod line squares off against Colts #2 line. Burnside-Clark-Bourne has the ability to limit Labanc line especially if Hague and Walsh can get out with them against the Colts top line. Line four won't see much ice but I believe Dickerson can provide 4/5 safe, energy minutes. Smith can PK when called upon and also gives safe minutes while the younger McLeod can be inserted on either of the top 2 lines when one of the guys needs a shift off, as well as on the PP or on 4 on 4 situations.

You guys are all wrong, #believeinboyd ya see he's got a secret weapon he's been hiding all year. Top line
NYLANDER - NYLANDER - NYLANDER.

Leafs send one back he's already got the other two already just throw Michael in in someone else's jersey and bam mem. cup time

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
For those interested I made a quick Playoff avatar for the Trout - use it if you like.

Steelheads_Playoff_Avatar.jpg

#DontDoubtTheTrout

Dontdoubtthetrout

Dec 30, 2015
Big game tn

Here we go finally ready to see game 1 tn at bmc. Is nylander ready for return for this big time tilt... Gunna be interesting to see how Boyd shuts down 26 an 12 on Barrie . Trout can make some noise in this series...might be to young ... Will see ... Time will tell . Hope power is back on up in the sticks

NorthHockey

Sep 9, 2014
Hell of a comeback from the Steelheads. Everything changed after that third period timeout. Should be a good series with momentum on the Steelheads side. Look for the Colts to come out strong in game three.

Dontdoubtthetrout

Dec 30, 2015
See what happens when you split up Mcleod and nylander ? Best third of the year . They now have 2 potent lines instead of 1. Matches Barrie up front . Game mvp Clark fight and goal changed game. High glove hand all day on Blackwood

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Hell of a comeback from the Steelheads. Everything changed after that third period timeout. Should be a good series with momentum on the Steelheads side. Look for the Colts to come out strong in game three.

See what happens when you split up Mcleod and nylander ? Best third of the year . They now have 2 potent lines instead of 1. Matches Barrie up front . Game mvp Clark fight and goal changed game. High glove hand all day on Blackwood

Where has this team been?! Best hockey I've seen out of this group since before the World Juniors. I was even saying watching it on TV - play out of Barrie's line match ups. If they are gunna have Labanc out there when Mikey and Nylander are switch things up. Love it!

Hopefully the Hersh is rocking tonight and we keep up the good play!

JHUT44

Sep 22, 2015
Peel Region
I watched a lot of Steelheads games this yr and at times ( not often ) they have showed they can play with the elite. This team has had a lot of injuries this yr and really have never been able to run with there full 12 and 6.. The 3rd period was a example as to what the Steel can do.. I will be honest I would have given the Steelheads a 15% chance to win this series at the beginning, but after watching both games Missy has been the better 5-5 team and now with home ice if they can get a win tonight, I may actually start believing they have a shot. Mississauga is better then a 7th seed is what I was trying to get too. Keep it up boys no let down and keep battling, things could get interesting.

devils55

Mar 9, 2012
Should be an interesting game tonight with the Missy win last night and with home ice now. I wonder who he will matchup against Labanc ? Does Nylander start on a line with Clark and Muzito-Bagenda, I hope so! I would match Mcleod, Burnside and Bastian against Labanc. And have Clark's line face off with Barries 2nd line. If Missy can stay out of the box I'd say they have a pretty good shot at stealing another one before going back to Barrie.

The defensive and offensive lines have been switched up a lot in the first two games, I wonder if being at home things will settle down a bit.

Should be a great game, both teams will come out hungry and Missy now has some major confidence after last nights huge comeback win.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
WOW! May have been the craziest and greatest Steelheads game in a long time.

2-1 lead in the series, it'll be interesting to see the extent of Blackwood's injury - it may impact the series.

JHUT44

Sep 22, 2015
Peel Region
Torts I couldn't agree more that was an amazing game. Through 3 games Mississauga has been noticeably the better 5-5 team. They are running 3 balanced lines and all 6 D have seemed to step up together. Flinn has been better then Blackwood ( who may be a non factor now ). Sean day is developing into something special in front of our eyes, this kid will be a steal for anyone in the 2nd rd. The series is long from over I would expect Barrie to come out extra hard tomorrow even more so if Blackwood is out. If Mississauga stays out of the box and keeps the 3 lines going I do believe they can pull this sizeable upset, but I maintain Mississauga is a very very good 7 seed.

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
Yesterday was probably one of the best games I've seen from Bourne in a while. Its been a great series so far.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Yesterday was probably one of the best games I've seen from Bourne in a while. Its been a great series so far.

Slow and steady with him - both literally and figuratively. He's taken a while but has slowly developed into an above average penalty killer and the skating has improved a little bit each and every year.

devils55

Mar 9, 2012
Good Game 3 for the Trout

Good to see Boyd finally do some coaching and sit R.Mcleod, Tippett and Dickerson in OT. Too unreliable defensively.

Nylander on the 2nd gives them 2 solid lines. The 3rd line being pretty decent with Marchment on it.

PP has to start clicking if they want to win the series. M.Mcleod looks lost on the PP. Less PP time, more time 5 on 5.

Stay out of the box and they will be just fine. 5 on 5 has been pretty even.

Leblanc and Gibson have been shutting down Labanc and Mangiapane pretty good, with Hague and Day getting the odd shifts against them.

3rd and 4th line for Barrie are garbage. Shut down their top 2 lines and youre good to go. Sadowy and Mangiapane have been invisible.

Huge game tonight, any predictions ?

JHUT44

Sep 22, 2015
Peel Region
This is the most excited I have been in some time for a Steelhead's game. Mississauga can take a real strangle hold on this series with a win. I wont make predictions because we do not know the status of Blackwood. I do know if Mississauga can mirror game 3 effort and stay out of the box they should be just fine. If you have followed Mississauga all yr, you will clearly notice something has changed/clicked with this group and it's very exciting.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Good Game 3 for the Trout

Good to see Boyd finally do some coaching and sit R.Mcleod, Tippett and Dickerson in OT. Too unreliable defensively.

Nylander on the 2nd gives them 2 solid lines. The 3rd line being pretty decent with Marchment on it.

PP has to start clicking if they want to win the series. M.Mcleod looks lost on the PP. Less PP time, more time 5 on 5.

Stay out of the box and they will be just fine. 5 on 5 has been pretty even.

Leblanc and Gibson have been shutting down Labanc and Mangiapane pretty good, with Hague and Day getting the odd shifts against them.

3rd and 4th line for Barrie are garbage. Shut down their top 2 lines and youre good to go. Sadowy and Mangiapane have been invisible.

Huge game tonight, any predictions ?

There you went and done it........they'll both probably have hat tricks tonight.

You're right though. Discipline...discipline....discipline. We stay out fo the box we have a shot at this series.

devils55

Mar 9, 2012
Missi let that game slip away from them. Should be going back to Barrie up 3-1 but let them back in with a terrible last 10 minutes in the 3rd and OT. They had a tough time containing Labanc, kid is a beast. Mcleod could not go head to head against him, he is not sound enough defensively to contain him, although he might be your best bet to go with.

It was a great game to watch, Missi showing flashes of brilliant offensive play but still broke down defensively, they have a hard time covering the points.

Clark - DMB - Nylander line is a lethal one.

Its gonna be tough to steal 2 out of 3 from Barrie now, especially having 2 on the road. Labancs line gets whatever matchup they desire at home and Blackwood is back in for game 5. Apparently NJD didn't want him playing last night.

Flinn needs to step up and steal at least one game even though he's been playing decent against a high powered offense.

Should be a great Game 5 and 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad