Mississauga Steelheads 2014-15 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Steelheads announce their first ever sell-out on Monday against McD. (I thought they sold out a game in the playoffs once, no?)

JSavoire

May 28, 2011
5000 is capacity, but I think this is the first time ever they sold out standing room only . Should be a great game to see with the full house on hand.

So full capacity is 5000 with standing room? Nonethless, that is awesome for Missy as they deserve better attendance than they get much like the Bulls!

The Fan

Mar 30, 2014
Another Suspension

Looks like Jimmy Lodge will be gone for a while. Does anyone have an idea for how long? We will have a short bench today. Gerhart, Bourne , Zottl, and now Lodge.

dcook872

Mar 23, 2014
Looks like Jimmy Lodge will be gone for a while. Does anyone have an idea for how long? We will have a short bench today. Gerhart, Bourne , Zottl, and now Lodge.

I am hearing that could be a ten game suspension.

dcook872

Mar 23, 2014
Mississauga's point totals for the past few years:
11/12 - 73 points
12/13 - 60 points
13/14 - 54 points
14/15 - 53 points (projected when you take in account their record since Martin went down)

I think it is time to replace the coach.

Dave Hahn

Apr 23, 2002
Interesting seeing Tom Lattavo pop up again in Mississauga. He's having a solid season for the Chargers, focusing on his offensive game. I mention that because Lattavo turned down the Otters offer to play as long as he was an "enforcer." Said he didn't want to be that type of player and hasn't been seen since then.

He's a different breed.

Last edited:

mapleleaf979

Jan 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Really liked the play of defenseman Sean Day. Seemed to look in control at all times.

Day should dominate more though with his skating and size. At times he wont use his top gear. He will take a big step if he can sharpen his hands when he carries the puck at full speed, he could polish that up a bit in the summer, at times now the puck starts dancing away from him. He needs that to mesh with his skating ability or his skating ability on the rush is high risk move resulting in turnovers. Im not sure where he will go in the draft but he will end up being a steal if someone can light a fire under him to some degree. Thats just me selfishly wanting more from a player oozing potential.

AtomicTruth

Feb 5, 2015
Day should dominate more though with his skating and size. At times he wont use his top gear. He will take a big step if he can sharpen his hands when he carries the puck at full speed, he could polish that up a bit in the summer, at times now the puck starts dancing away from him. He needs that to mesh with his skating ability or his skating ability on the rush is high risk move resulting in turnovers. Im not sure where he will go in the draft but he will end up being a steal if someone can light a fire under him to some degree. Thats just me selfishly wanting more from a player oozing potential.

Looks like he isn't giving it 100% out there because it isn't his draft year. This definitely comes through watching him at practice everyday. Hopefully next year he shows us what he can really do and wows us all

canucks20

Oct 12, 2009
The McLeod brothers are going to be a treat to watch for Missy fans the next few seasons. I assume you guys draft Ryan come April

AtomicTruth

Feb 5, 2015
The McLeod brothers are going to be a treat to watch for Missy fans the next few seasons. I assume you guys draft Ryan come April

All but a lock that we take him with our first pick this coming draft. Can't wait to see him suit up for us

The Fan

Mar 30, 2014
Looks like he isn't giving it 100% out there because it isn't his draft year. This definitely comes through watching him at practice everyday. Hopefully next year he shows us what he can really do and wows us all

If this would be true , there should be no spot on this team, or any other
team out there for him or any other athlete . These young athletes should be putting there all into the sport they love, and produce a winning attitude at all times. The coach and organization should be all over thier players on this subject. If these players are only playing for themselves, no wonder this team has problems. Once again this would fall on the coachs ability to run a winning team.
Spencer Martin was true team player and wanted to compete every day.
We sure miss him!!

AtomicTruth

Feb 5, 2015
If this would be true , there should be no spot on this team, or any other
team out there for him or any other athlete . These young athletes should be putting there all into the sport they love, and produce a winning attitude at all times. The coach and organization should be all over thier players on this subject. If these players are only playing for themselves, no wonder this team has problems. Once again this would fall on the coachs ability to run a winning team.
Spencer Martin was true team player and wanted to compete every day.
We sure miss him!!

Spencer is a great guy on and off the ice, always willing to stop and talk and always has a smile on his face.

As for Sean, I don't know if he isn't trying because he doesn't like the coach, if he doesn't try because we are losing, or simply because he is saving it all for next year. When watching the games you'll see him play at half of his ability as soon as we go down a couple goals. He'll turn the puck over more, coast, and doesn't make the plays that everyone knows he can.

The Fan

Mar 30, 2014
Well, sad to say, looks like another season coming to an end for the Steelheads. I guess the best we can do is to see who wants a spot here for next year. Let the young guys show off there talent . Was Sean Day being sat or did he get hurt? Any chance of Bourne coming back this year? Is there any rumours of a new coaching staff next year?

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
Well, sad to say, looks like another season coming to an end for the Steelheads. I guess the best we can do is to see who wants a spot here for next year. Let the young guys show off there talent . Was Sean Day being sat or did he get hurt? Any chance of Bourne coming back this year? Is there any rumours of a new coaching staff next year?

This team will need to address goaltending in the offseason. Need an experierenced tender to win in this league. Really like Bastian and McLeod. Big years for Day, McLeod, and Bastian, all have potential to go high. The team will have a top 5 pick, probably should go with a forward and should definitely take advantage of the import draft and do their research.

AtomicTruth

Feb 5, 2015

Such a disappointing way to have the season pan out the way it did. Would have loved to have the last game of the year be the playoff decider. Day was visibly hurt after he threw a big hit, holding his forearm/wrist. I think Bourne will play this year but obviously they wont rush him to play in meaningless games. I'm not expecting a new coaching staff (Boyd still has one year on contract) but hey, anything is possible.

Steel Toe

Oct 24, 2012
Caledon
Such a disappointing way to have the season pan out the way it did. Would have loved to have the last game of the year be the playoff decider. Day was visibly hurt after he threw a big hit, holding his forearm/wrist. I think Bourne will play this year but obviously they wont rush him to play in meaningless games. I'm not expecting a new coaching staff (Boyd still has one year on contract) but hey, anything is possible.

The season was over when Martin went down. You can't replace a high-end talent like Spencer Martin.
He was the a top 2-3 goalie in the league if not the best! They were banking on him to make a good playoff push, the team sunk ever since the injury . Brennan can't even come close to Martin in stealing games. They need to find a goalie next year big time.
Btw, what would it take for Martin to come back as a overage ? How deep is the Avalanche goaltending depth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad