Mississauga Steelheads 2014-15 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
The season was over when Martin went down. You can't replace a high-end talent like Spencer Martin.
He was the a top 2-3 goalie in the league if not the best! They were banking on him to make a good playoff push, the team sunk ever since the injury . Brennan can't even come close to Martin in stealing games. They need to find a goalie next year big time.
Btw, what would it take for Martin to come back as a overage ? How deep is the Avalanche goaltending depth?

Well I was talking to Boyd over email and it sounds like He has been in contact with Colorado. Not likely he returns is his exact words.

Went on to say: When you have a goalie prospect with as much upside as Spencer and he is playing the tail end of his Jr Career and with the surgery he had done, you have him in your system with the teams doctors right there if needed. You don't risk it.

IMO we have seen the last of Spencer Martin so if you want an autograph you have 3 weeks to get it.

And for those who aren't fans of James Boyd and want him gone, I wouldn't hold your breath. He is likely back next year.

jimyco

Oct 6, 2014
Mississauga, Ont
Well I was talking to Boyd over email and it sounds like He has been in contact with Colorado. Not likely he returns is his exact words.

Went on to say: When you have a goalie prospect with as much upside as Spencer and he is playing the tail end of his Jr Career and with the surgery he had done, you have him in your system with the teams doctors right there if needed. You don't risk it.

IMO we have seen the last of Spencer Martin so if you want an autograph you have 3 weeks to get it.

And for those who aren't fans of James Boyd and want him gone, I wouldn't hold your breath. He is likely back next year.

Well that's disappointing, X 2

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
I agree with what previous posters have said, in my brief 5+ of watching OHL hockey rarely has a top end prospect been returned to jr for an overage season (goalie or skater). With the injury it is even more important for the Avalanche to have Martin under their nose instead of elsewhere.

On another note I'm getting more excited each day about the fact of watching the McLeod brothers playign next season.

WhoisJohnGalt

Sep 9, 2013
Toronto
In reply to whether Day was hurt or sat against Barrie last weekend - He sprained an ankle against Niagara in the 2nd period when he checked Perlini. Finished the game but was not able to go against Barrie. Was a bit of a surprise he was back in already for Sudbury since he was still getting treatment Sunday morning.

The Fan

Mar 30, 2014
Any word yet on Michael Mcleod. Will he get a suspension for his head check penelty? Have to give him credit for playing tuff.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
Any word yet on Michael Mcleod. Will he get a suspension for his head check penalty? Have to give him credit for playing tuff.

Nothing on OHL media notes, must not have gotten anything due to no serious injury or not a repeat offender.

On another note, first time since being a STH I won't be seeing playoff hockey in Missy. Very disappointed with the way this season turned out. I'm praying somehow Winnipeg thinks Lodge isn't ready for AHL but that's a pipe dream. :facepalm:

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Steelheads Fans: A difficult season I know but better days ahead I'm sure. I have a few questions for you but I'll wait until the off-season thread starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad