GDT: Misery Loves Company: Carolina vs Flyers (4-5-2018)

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
For those of you who have tickets for the final game, give Ward a good send-off. If it is his final game with the franchise, we should remember the good times with him and not the poor ones.
I'll be happy when he's gone, but I'll always hold his good times (even if they weren't frequent enough) in the highest regard. He seems like a good guy and he took us on two great rides. That said, I'm not particularly convinced this is the end.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I'll be happy when he's gone, but I'll always hold his good times (even if they weren't frequent enough) in the highest regard. He seems like a good guy and he took us on two great rides. That said, I'm not particularly convinced this is the end.
That's about how I see it. Guy had a damn good 4-5 year peak and was money in the postseason if he could ever get there. The teams he just tended to play behind in his prime either lacked defense or depth, or both. That said, I think he's back next year, if only because he was THAT much better then Darling and Lack before him. One gets the feeling that until we can get a goalie in place that can show they can supplant Ward for a decent stretch we're not moving on from Ward. Frankly if we're moving on from one of our goalies at this point, which we should absolutely be doing, Cam's not the one it should be.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
He’s stronger on the puck defensively. I don’t think that can be questioned, and overall he is probably more steady and protective of the puck.

He’s never gonna make the plays Hanifin is capable of, but I think he’s a better defenseman in his own end. They’re different but both valuable, unless we’re getting a stud back no point moving on from either.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
He’s stronger on the puck defensively. I don’t think that can be questioned, and overall he is probably more steady and protective of the puck.

He’s never gonna make the plays Hanifin is capable of, but I think he’s a better defenseman in his own end. They’re different but both valuable, unless we’re getting a stud back no point moving on from either.

They’re going to have to move on from one of them whenever the next expansion draft is. Is that next year or the year after?

TheBigKahuna

Dec 6, 2010
Canes Country
For those of you who have tickets for the final game, give Ward a good send-off. If it is his final game with the franchise, we should remember the good times with him and not the poor ones.
Those good moments were few and far between. And outside of the 2006 playoffs, he has always been sub par. I will be elated when he's finally gone from this franchise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad