GDT: Misery Loves Company: Carolina vs Flyers (4-5-2018)

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
2010-2011 he could’ve been a Vezina finalist if anyone was paying attention. 8th most total saves in a season in league history. Posted a .923 SV%. 74 games played, completely ridden into the ground. The next year he blew out his knee and was never the same guy. I still think they f***ed up his diagnosis/treatment because even a fully torn MCL shouldn’t do what it did to his career.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
They’re different but both valuable, unless we’re getting a stud back no point moving on from either.

I agree with this as well....sure, maybe it's all potential and maybe we do need a grandpa back there to add stability, but with another year of experience and a realistic hope of Faulk bouncing back, why would you mess with the guys who are 25 and under....We've got a blue chip guy in juniors that with another pick and a prospect should be pretty darn attractive when thinking about adding forward talent.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Exactly. He was just starting to find his groove before the injuries ravaged him. He was also performing pretty well, even when the stats don't support it, considering the mess of a defense we regularly marched in front of him. I think certain members of the fan base, like BigKahuna, let the recent post-injury play cloud their judgement of his career.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
2010-2011 he could’ve been a Vezina finalist if anyone was paying attention. 8th most total saves in a season in league history. Posted a .923 SV%. 74 games played, completely ridden into the ground. The next year he blew out his knee and was never the same guy. I still think they ****ed up his diagnosis/treatment because even a fully torn MCL shouldn’t do what it did to his career.
I legitimately believe that if we didn't shit the bed in game 82 he would have been. He wouldn't have won as nobody was touching Thomas with the numbers he put up, but Ward would have had scary good numbers of his own behind a far shittier team.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Yeah nobody played well in that lightning game but if iirc there were two early quasi-softies that put them in a hole early and they couldn't recover.... one might have been a shorty... St Louis on a breakaway I think? Obviously a breakaway isn't solely on the goalie but still. I'm pretty sure Tampa was locked into their spot too so a win or loss was meaningless to them. What a kick in the nuts that was

Last edited:

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I legitimately believe that if we didn't **** the bed in game 82 he would have been. He wouldn't have won as nobody was touching Thomas with the numbers he put up, but Ward would have had scary good numbers of his own behind a far ****tier team.

Thomas was unbelievable that year. Cam did lead the league in point shares which is pretty remarkable for a non-playoff team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->