Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXXVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Tough times for Middlingstadt.

Value of: - Casey Mittelstadt

He needs to be in the AHL. He's just not ready for this level yet. Shies away from contact. Makes poor decisions with the puck. Weak on his skates. Rarely wins 1-on-1 board battles. Gets lost defensively.

Every Sabres fan knows this. Wish our GM could figure it out.

:slaugh:

Hextall's Moves

You're kidding on Frost right? Tolvenen had some of the best pure hands in the entire draft and is putting the KHL through the shredder - on par with, or eclipsing what Tarasenko, Kucherov, Kuznetsov did at the same point. He's breaking games open himself. Same with Mittlestadt, who in the summer, a coach was quoted as saying, "I've never in my life seen an American HS kid toy with Canadian Junior kids like this..."

Last edited:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I have no ****ing clue how Maurice is still around. I still think he's a pretty awful coach. The Jets very much have a Hexy/Hak situation where the coach and GM are pretty buddy buddy.

Maurice could get coach of the year for what he's done without Buff and a defense that looks like trash on paper.

Reactions: Rebels57

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Therrien getting canned would almost certainly be a massive improvement to this team.

I have a hard time believing we could find a less intelligent assistant coach than the guy who can't even figure out how to set up a PP with Giroux (best PP player of this decade), Voracek (9th highest scoring PP forward since coming to Philly), and Ghost (arguably the best PP defensemen since entering the league) properly. The fact that this single thing is so hard for them to figure out is enough to doubt the competence of both Therrien and AV.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Stars had a terrible start, but they've been on fire lately. Has to be off-ice related.

Well yeah...

Statement from Dallas Stars General Manager Jim Nill:

"The Dallas Stars expect all of our employees to act with integrity and exhibit professional behavior while working for and representing our organization. This decision was made due to unprofessional conduct inconsistent with the core values and beliefs of the Dallas Stars and the National Hockey League."

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
You can fire a coach for any reason, though. You just to have pay them what they're owed on their contract.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
This is the only thing I can find. Hoo boy.

The way they announced it means they have to have something pretty concrete or there's a major lawsuit coming.

*Edit*

Yeah...this sounds like it's going to be ugly.

sounds like he did something illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad