Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXIX - You Talkin' about PLAYOFFS!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
TBL use of their D in the Rangers offensive zone is exactly what I hope the Flyers with Hakstol will be able to implement. Rangers are in chaos when TB attacks them....it is awesome to see and I hope the Rangers continue to get exposed..

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
do you really not understand the meaning of that sentence?

I understand it completely. Palat wasn't some known commodity that the Flyers foolishly overlooked. He was a 19 year old that had already been passed over in one draft that was putting up numbers while playing with the best draft eligible player in the Q. He was nearly passed over for two whole drafts until the Lightning picked him.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I understand it completely. Palat wasn't some known commodity that the Flyers foolishly overlooked. He was a 19 year old that had already been passed over in one draft that was putting up numbers while playing with the best draft eligible player in the Q. He was nearly passed over for two whole drafts until the Lightning picked him.

but don't u think the team that scouted coots hard enough to draft him would've noticed palat?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Things happen. Don't hear much about Sidney Crosby's linemates from juniors. Dany Roussin was picked by the Kings specifically for that reason. I'm sure they were familiar the year before. Zaitsev is a hot topic right now, the Flyers could have drafted him any time they wanted to, they were linked to him that far back.

SchennSational1022*

Marc Staal is the most overrated player in the NHL, his contract is also absurd.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Things happen. Don't hear much about Sidney Crosby's linemates from juniors. Dany Roussin was picked by the Kings specifically for that reason. I'm sure they were familiar the year before. Zaitsev is a hot topic right now, the Flyers could have drafted him any time they wanted to, they were linked to him that far back.

yeah but dany roussin never had a better year in the nhl than crosby.

and palat scores again

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
but don't u think the team that scouted coots hard enough to draft him would've noticed palat?

Well, for one, lots of teams scouted Couturier. And secondly, the Flyers scouts had no clue they'd be picking Couturier. Remember, they didn't have a first round pick until Carter was traded a couple days before the draft.

Phunhog

Jul 18, 2007
I'm glad Babcock didn't get a sniff here, he wanted some say in roster moves and I really like Hexy having total say. Also, Babcock to the Maple Leafs is good for the league. Toronto is the Mecca of hockey and this only brings more attention to them. It should be fun to watch.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Well, for one, lots of teams scouted Couturier. And secondly, the Flyers scouts had no clue they'd be picking Couturier. Remember, they didn't have a first round pick until Carter was traded a couple days before the draft.

yeah i remember. And that was a serious concern of mine during that draft, but apparently scouts scout all the players just in case stuff like that happens.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
i was planning on going to bed early tonight because of being up so late last night. IF this goes into 2ot i will be a zombie tomorrow

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
i was planning on going to bed early tonight because of being up so late last night. IF this goes into 2ot i will be a zombie tomorrow

I think it's a pretty safe bet that this isn't getting that far

JayRosehillMVP

snubbed again
May 28, 2012
Philadelphia
Two of the better conference final matchups in recent years. Unfortunately for us I think Tampas winning it all this year. Their gonna be the powerhouse of the NHL next year. Especially since Chicagos in cap hell.

SchennSational1022*

Two of the better conference final matchups in recent years. Unfortunately for us I think Tampas winning it all this year. Their gonna be the powerhouse of the NHL next year. Especially since Chicagos in cap hell.

I'd rather see Tampa win than NYR, difference between 27 and 30 is meaningless to me. **** the Rangers.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I don't think they have a chance in the finals. They're too sloppy and Chicago/Anaheim will make them pay.

SchennSational1022*

I don't think they have a chance in the finals. They're too sloppy and Chicago/Anaheim will make them pay.

Wouldn't be surprised to see any 4 of them win. Chicago's lack of defense is going to kill them in the end though, Tampa would run wild on that 3rd pairing (poor Kimmo).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad