Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Edmonton fans are calling for everyone after their last lose. Perron singled a couple players out and talked about no accountability from his head coach. Hall and Schultz were terrible. They need to clean house and start again. That team just doesn't look like they can win whatsoever.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Coburn and Read for Yakupov ?

Clear a ton of salary and hope to get another LW to play with Couts and Simmer ?

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
Lucic on getting KTFO by Prout:

"It was the end of the game and I let him know that I wasn't going to fight him." he told reporters. "I wasn't prepared and I let my guard down and that's what happens when you let your guard down. I've been in over 100 fights and I never took a shot like that.

"There have been many times where I could've done the exact same thing, and I could've held off because he wouldn't drop his gloves. I find it to be gutless and that's my thoughts on it."

:laugh: Ok man. I guess punching Prout in the back of the head was just sportsmanship?! You turd. :laugh:

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I love looking at this...

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.htm?fetchKey=20152ALLSASAll&sort=points&viewName=summary

Voracek with 29 points in 19 games... that's incredible.

Giroux tied with Stamkos for 3rd with 24 points in 19 games, plus Stamkos has played 2 more games.

These guys are just absolutely carrying this team and playing some incredible hockey. I hope they can keep this up and honestly I think it's pretty likely that they do.

Also really awesome that they're +7 and +8 on a team with a -1 goal differential.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
So if we try to send bumby and or vinny to the ahl do you guys think they get claimed on waivers ??? If so I say do it and cut our losses and be glad we get cap space

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
So we haven't been too good on the road so far this year and now we play 15 of the next 20 games away from home? Gonna be fun..

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
I don't think my mental psyche could take it if the Oilers somehow get McDavid or Eichel.

Edit: Also, according to Dreger EDM is shopping Perron, looking for a "top center" in return. LOLOLOLOL. I cant....

Last edited:

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Edmonton is diseased at the core and has been for years. Nothing will change short of McDavid being the hockey Jesus some people are hyping him to be (and assuming they don't lose the lottery) or their owner finally getting rid of Lowe and probably MacTavish or a new owner comes in. Last one obviously won't happen. Second one probably won't any time soon.

Oilers fans are the most to blame for the state of the team at this point honestly for the simple fact that the building sells out regularly and the team sells well despite how terrible, corrupt, and utterly accepting of failure the management and team has been. If the product is that terrible and corrupt for as long as it has been then fans shouldn't go. Otherwise the fan base as a whole doesn't really have grounds to complain.

Also, who the **** knows how little or much Edmonton management would ask for any of it's players, but hopefully Hextall looks at what's there and doesn't budge on a good price-tag. Yakupov could be a steal if they decide to move him (which I doubt they do) and Perron/Marincin/Petry could all be quality buy-low pickups.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Would trade coburn and read for Perron. I want no part of Yakupov. If he wasn't w 1st overall pick, people would be scoffing at the thought of giving up one effective roster player for him let alone 2. Kids a bust, time to admit that.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Would trade coburn and read for Perron. I want no part of Yakupov. If he wasn't w 1st overall pick, people would be scoffing at the thought of giving up one effective roster player for him let alone 2. Kids a bust, time to admit that.

The organization is the bust. He may be, but he is an offensive kid with all the tools, they have him playing with scrubs and being a checker half the time. Very Berube like

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Do the oilers think about trading the pick if they are top 2? Seriously, are they going to take ANOTHER forward, and hope this one turns everything around? They need D, and a Goalie, and different forwards. Everything is just messed up over there. They should just blow it all up again and trade to be different. No more draft picks and perpetual losers. Needs to clean house from Lowe down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad