Miscellaneous NHL Talk XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Welp...luckily we didn't get him. Very weird reaction by his wife (Stockholm syndrome?)...sounds like she got beat pretty bad considering the charges. She sounds like that guy who Dick Cheney shot in the face. Guy apologized to Cheney and his family in a statement after taking buckshot to his face......

The Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office has filed a felony case against Los Angeles Kings defenseman Slava Voynov stemming from his arrest on suspicion of domestic violence last month, it confirmed in a statement Thursday.

Voynov has been charged with one felony count of corporal injury to a spouse with a great bodily injury. He is set to be arraigned Dec. 1 and faces a maximum sentence of nine years in state prison if convicted as charged.

...."Marta was stunned by the news today and she is devastated," Walsh said in a statement. "She did not believe, and does not believe, that her husband intended to injure her and she believes that he is not guilty of any crime. She is worried about her family's privacy and concerned that she and her family are going to be subjected to ridicule, embarrassment and hatred because of this decision. In fact, she has already seen that beginning to happen. It is unfortunate that no one seemed to care what she wants, and that the authorities gave little or no weight to her view of the facts of the case. Despite this unwelcome news, she still expects her husband to be cleared of any criminal wrongdoing."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nhl/...ngeles-kings-charged-felony-domestic-violence

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Welp...luckily we didn't get him. Very weird reaction by his wife (Stockholm syndrome?)...sounds like she got beat pretty bad considering the charges. She sounds like that guy who Dick Cheney shot in the face. Guy apologized to Cheney and his family in a statement after taking buckshot to his face......

That's the big problem with DV cases though, the victims often are not cooperative out of either fear of further action or fear of losing their significant other. That doesn't mean Voynov is guilty, and I have not seen anything other than the fact that he has been charged, but I would be surprised if the prosecutor's office charged him with absolutely nothing there. It is certainly possible that they are just trying to make headlines but I'd bet that they at least THINK they have enough evidence to convict him without the testimony of the wife.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
I'm probably the only one halfway hoping we do terrible this year..... but here me out, McDavid or eichel, and berube would get fired we throw cash at babcock he comes in and we win again.....pipe dream but I have hope lol ;)

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Ray Rice's wife was pretty adamant that nothing happened as well then the tape of her getting slugged came out pretty much officially confirming what everybody else with half of brain already knew.

If Voynov somehow ends up only getting deported I wonder which KHL will back the brinks truck up for him?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Demers has been pretty decent, no? I'd like him on this team from what I know about him. Dillon I don't know much about though.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=740398&cmpid=nhl-twt

The National Hockey League announced today that the existing terms of its suspension of Los Angeles Kings' Player Slava Voynov will be continued indefinitely.

However, in light of the uncertain and potentially extended period of time that the legal process may entail, the NHL and NHLPA have agreed to permit the Kings to replace Mr. Voynov’s Salary and Bonuses pursuant to the Bona Fide Long-Term Injury Exception under the terms of the NHL/NHLPA Collective Bargaining Agreement.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Demers has been pretty decent, no? I'd like him on this team from what I know about him. Dillon I don't know much about though.

He's okay but Dillon has more upside. Dillon's a pretty mobile defensemen with some sandpaper (he throws his weight around & drops the gloves). He's more defensive than he is offensive but he still can give some offense like 20 points or so.

San Jose also sent a 2016 3rd rounder with Demers to Dallas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad