Miscellaneous NHL Talk XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
They're serious. Nobody stays around this long if they're just trolling. They legitimately think we're wrong and they need to show us why... :laugh:

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
Honestly it's just too funny over there, I sat there laughing for a few minutes, and now they're just going to compare every European player to giroux :laugh:

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ
They're serious. Nobody stays around this long if they're just trolling. They legitimately think we're wrong and they need to show us why... :laugh:

Honestly it's just too funny over there, I sat there laughing for a few minutes, and now they're just going to compare every European player to giroux :laugh:

I nearly spit out my drink from laughing when one of them brought up Lidstrom. What is their deal?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I nearly spit out my drink from laughing when one of them brought up Lidstrom. What is their deal?

They have zero clue what they're saying and they're upset that Swedish players aren't the best in the league so they're just going to accuse everyone else of hating Swedish players...

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
They're out in full force today, it seems. Flames fan on the mains saying they shouldn't trade Giordano for Couturier+Coburn+Morin.

King Forsberg

16 21 28 44 68 88 93
Jul 26, 2010
I didn't know what you guys were talking about until I read 1 page from that that thread. That is craziness.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
The overrating of Giordano is ridiculous. Very good, solid defenseman who had a great year and is now HF's new "He is so underrated, do you even watch him?" player.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I spent a long time arguing through that Giroux vs Karlsson thread for the simple purpose of entertaining myself. I was laughing so much and I'm still shocked that anyone could be so incredibly wrong about so many things.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
They're out in full force today, it seems. Flames fan on the mains saying they shouldn't trade Giordano for Couturier+Coburn+Morin.

Holy ****, you weren't kidding about that thread...

Those people have to be sitting in a bathtub of gasoline in a room covered in lead paint.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
If I made a troll account and tried my best to sound stupid I don't think I could come up with anything as stupid as some of the **** I read on the main board. These people are out in the world... operating vehicles and other machinery.... that's a horrifying thought.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
On hf you either won't be trading a player because an overpayment is needed or he isn't available for anything other than your teams top prospect+ high draft pick. Then the player is actually moved and the fan base is highly disappointed

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
I got to watch this video while randomly stumbling through youtube..

I never noticed that "tripping" by Briere at 1:46:20 :laugh:

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
That's pretty cool

On another note, it's funny that whole karlsson thread started because I said "giroux would likely be the best player on any team not named Russia or canada" and they're spinning it off as if I was targeting Sweden

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
According to the hockey news Ryan o'Reilly is asking for 6.75 million in his arbitration case. For the love of God I want that man on the flyers

Avs coming in at 5.525. 15% pay cut..... No wonder he doesn't want to sign long term there.

Last edited:

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
These guys are gunna keep making threads until Giroux finally loses one. :laugh:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
These guys are gunna keep making threads until Giroux finally loses one. :laugh:

It's pretty pathetic that the threads are even as close as they have been. It just proves that most people on this website have no clue what they're talking about or they vote based on who they like. It's honestly shocking to me how stupid some of the posts in the Giroux vs Karlsson thread are.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I don't know, they almost had me with that Kessler for Giroux one...

I can't even understand how people watch Kopitar and Giroux and say Kopitar is better. Kopitar is better defensively, yeah. If I wanted my 1C to be a defensive stalwart, that's fine. I want my 1C to play respectable in his own zone and put up a ton of points, which Giroux does.

We're not crazy or biased, right? I mean I like to think I look at things objectively. Objectively I can't say that Kopitar is better than Giroux. I don't know how anyone else can say it. It's weird on these boards, people see points and assume that player doesn't play defense. Also, Kopitar is a better leader because he is able to play with a better team? Everytime the word leadership is mentioned in a post my brain triggers to ignore it. How the hell does anyone on here have the ability to say that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad