Miscellaneous NHL Talk XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I loved Roenick as a player so I do my best to avoid hearing him as an analyst so my memories of him aren't tainted.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Im not a JR Fan period. With that said, he is entitled to his own opinions. I disagree with almost everything he says, not just related to Mason but in general.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Meltzer's take on JR's "lazy narrative."

Does he honestly consider Crawford an upper echelon goaltender? You do not need elite, series-stealing goaltending (though it certainly doesn't hurt). Solid goaltending behind a great team will do. Mason is perfectly capable of being a solid goaltender for a period of time lasting through a playoffs run.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Does he honestly consider Crawford an upper echelon goaltender? You do not need elite, series-stealing goaltending (though it certainly doesn't hurt). Solid goaltending behind a great team will do. Mason is perfectly capable of being a solid goaltender for a period of time lasting through a playoffs run.

Here comes BWC...

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
No amount of dumb stuff that Roenick says as an analyst will make me stop appreciating what he was like as a player. I remain pretty skeptical of Mason, but I wouldn't go as far as to say he's absolutely not a guy we can win with, if the team in front of him improves.

ILoveStephanieBrown

Nov 6, 2012

Yep. Hell, Jonathan Quick was pretty average these past playoffs. He was nowhere as good as he was in 2012 and still got the job done.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Roenick is the type of guy that you enjoyed on the ice, but should have never been giving a broadcast position once he left the game. He's literally only there because he has a big mouth and only really talks to he can hear himself.

Well his personality has not changed as a player. Did anyone expect it to change? He ran his mouth and was a **** talker on the ice. like in his playing days his mouth is going to rub people the wrong way sometimes. I don't mind him at times. I think he has gotten worse tho since NBC hired him. He used to be pretty good when he was keeping Milbury in his place.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

he probably considers Niemi a elite goalie. because you know he won a Cup. Not that who was in goal opposite of him had anything to do with him winning.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
JR sounds foolish saying you need an upper echelon goaltender to win the cup, if we has better defence mason would do just fine, Chicago one with Niemi and Crawford, and they are by no means upper echelon.

Edit: Hell, now that I think about it, we were only 2 wins away from the cup with ******* Boucher and Leighton as goalies.

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
I have a feeling Hextall will make a move with LA for one of their forwards (Nolan, King, Andreoff, Clifford) with all of the depth they have.

I can see Rinaldo being moved in a seperate deal to make room.

I would love to see Rinaldo moved and the Flyer s picking up Hayes and a Kings forward.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
JR is worthless as far as opinion pieces go, but at least he had a great playing career and was well liked as a player. He also only sometimes says extremely stupid things.

Milbury says those things pretty constantly and comes off as even more abrasive and arrogant in the way he talks. He also is known as one of the worst GM's ever and his most famous moment as a player is invading the stands and beating a fan with his own shoe.

How a guy like that gets even any modicum of respect as far as hockey knowledge or character goes but also lands a national broadcasting gig for who knows how many years is beyond me. Also kind of a sad statement of humanity.

The Rage Kage

Apr 21, 2014
According to some people in the top ten players poll, giroux has had only one good season and it's because star players were injured, and backstrom and zetterberg and all other swedes are better than all Canadians. I'm trying not to freak out over there.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Here comes BWC...

Crawford isn't elite but he is a good goalie and gets far to much negative comments.

6M for 6 years is fine for what Crawford brings and provides Hawks stability they have wanted at #1 position. When a guy like Ryan Miller makes 6M and Mike Smith 5.7M the 6M cap hit for Crawford is more then fair

When he gets here let's tell him Cutler sucks. Let's also start calling the Bears "The Sloths."

Cutler is a very good QB :nod:

RJ8812*

According to some people in the top ten players poll, giroux has had only one good season and it's because star players were injured, and backstrom and zetterberg and all other swedes are better than all Canadians. I'm trying not to freak out over there.

Giroux's one "good" season that's been going on since 2010

Also, dont forget that Tavares is light years better than Giroux even though their careers have gone practically the same

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying those Swedish "NA bias" guys on those various threads in the polls section. During the boring summer months it's nice to have some comedy entertainment. :laugh:

I can't even get annoyed at them because it's just so pathetic and ridiculous.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)

I can't tell you how much I'm enjoying those Swedish "NA bias" guys on those various threads in the polls section. During the boring summer months it's nice to have some comedy entertainment. :laugh:

I can't even get annoyed at them because it's just so pathetic and ridiculous.

Come on guys, how can you argue with a guy called "Lollipop." This name already suggests who gave up

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Crawford isn't elite but he is a good goalie and gets far to much negative comments.

6M for 6 years is fine for what Crawford brings and provides Hawks stability they have wanted at #1 position. When a guy like Ryan Miller makes 6M and Mike Smith 5.7M the 6M cap hit for Crawford is more then fair

Cutler is a very good QB :nod:

Cutler is fine for a high school QB, but your Sloths might want to explore a superior option in the near future.

(hahahahaa I did it! I called them the Sloths! Burn!)

KrazyKat

May 27, 2013
Vancouver
I have a feeling Hextall will make a move with LA for one of their forwards (Nolan, King, Andreoff, Clifford) with all of the depth they have.

I can see Rinaldo being moved in a seperate deal to make room.

I would love to see Rinaldo moved and the Flyer s picking up Hayes and a Kings forward.

I like king or nolan. Hayes would be a dream.

Schenn/Giroux/Simmonds
Umberger/Lecavalier/Voracek
Akeson/Couts/Read
Hayes/Laughton/Raffl

In case of injury or someone sucking : King, Bellemare.

Good depth and an average offence. Of our defence has a good year! Would be a good team.
Then again a lot can go right and a lot could go wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad