Miscellaneous NHL Talk XLIV: Draft Lottery Onward

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Disclaimer: I didn't even know the lottery was tonight

Alright there's the top 4 in each conference for the playoffs. They're the seed games. The remaining 8 teams per conference play 5 game series and the winner advances to the traditional playoff format. So this means one of the 8 losers (4 from each conference) in the new "first round" is the winner of the lottery. Does "Team E" correspond to the loser of a specific 5 game series? Or are they going to have another lottery among the losers?

It all doesn't matter because playoffs aren't happening anyway. Then it'll all be f***ed

Here4ThaLids

“Sunshine has always been our enemy.”
Sep 28, 2018
I mean, I would have bet the house on the NHL screwing it up somehow. This particularly thing happening somewhere in the 20-40% range -- tremendous odds, really. Just can't get out of their own way. Just keep tripping over their own d***s.

Inb4 the site finally loads for Cap: HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAAHA

raw

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Alright there's the top 4 in each conference for the playoffs. They're the seed games. The remaining 8 teams per conference play 5 game series and the winner advances to the traditional playoff format. So this means one of the 8 losers (4 from each conference) in the new "first round" is the winner of the lottery. Does "Team E" correspond to the loser of a specific 5 game series? Or are they going to have another lottery among the losers?

It all doesn't matter because playoffs aren't happening anyway. Then it'll all be f***ed

They're having another lottery. All eight losers will have a 12.5% chance at the first pick. Team E means absolutely nothing, even though it should have if the NHL had any type of forward thinking ability.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

There will be a 2nd lottery and all 8 teams will have an equal chance at 1st overall if i'm not mistaken.

The NHL got the dramatic result they wanted.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
It's cool, because I found out that blood can definitely literally boil inside your veins and it's not necessarily life-threatening..

Can you do this with water and would you work for less than it costs to run my electric kettle?

Each team that loses in the series that don’t count for anything has a 12.5% chance. If they cannot play those series, teams 17-25 in the NHL by Points Percentage each have a 12.5% chance. That would be MTL through CBJ on the chart.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
St. Louis Blues Director of Player Development on the far left responds to the draft lottery:

tumblr_pq5607slIb1uoixvho1_500.gifv

Hot damn, still no chance of having to waddle to the podium earlier because we aren't in the play-in round.

He's such a ****ing pig :laugh: And look at his gross soulless ginger offspring :laugh: Just a total disaster of a family.

Reactions: pit

Here4ThaLids

Sep 28, 2018
Oh, for those of you younger guys who still have some vinegar and still visit the main boards, would you do me a favor for the next year or two?

Every time you see a Detroit fan moaning about how they were screwed despite being the worst team by far this year after a sustained period of success, please award them my sympathies, pause, and then remind them of how our team once lost the lottery in a one-player draft after a disastrous season of being not only the worst team in the league, but the worst team in the franchise's history, by far, and proceeded to lose a Cup Final when that top player scored an unbelievably gut-wrenching fluke goal against them in overtime on their home ice.

And then tell them to kindly stfu and return to choking down their rectangular pizza. I just don't have the disputative energy anymore.

Here4ThaLids

Sep 28, 2018
Whoa man hold up.

I was with you until right here. Sicilian pizza and tomato pies are amazing.
At no point did I disparage their local cuisine or its geometry (I would probably be honored if an outsider told me to cry into my roast pork) -- it's just an identifier. I'm ultimately fine with Detroit-style Pizza and will not be dragged into one of this site's inane, debasing food debates.

Although this time I will poke and run: each of the three times I have had tomato pie in my life, all from family-owned places, has reminded me of slurping tomato paste out of a tube. Garlic and oregano do not help without cheese. A sweeter or fluffier crust does not help. Of all the dozens of dishes to hang your hat on, that's not the one. :cf:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad