Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
So theres a chance NJ could get 1st overall again by way of Arizona

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Can someone explain what is happening? Trying to follow along on mobile, but no one is saying what's actually happening!

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
sucks knowing there is a 50% chance of that #1 pick going to a half decent...to good team in the East.

Let Vancouver beat Minny then Minny win the draft. That would almost be ideal.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Wait wtf?

I just started watching...and you're telling me one of these loser-round teams gets the #1 pick?

Someone clarify cuz I'm panicking the Pens are getting this pick.

Reactions: DaphneLion

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Seriously, who the f*** thought this was a good idea?

You have to understand the league’s position. They simply couldn’t let a tanking boogeyman take over the league because hockey games have to matter.

As a result, they came up with a Byzantine labyrinth of scenarios that will end in front offices potentially tanking Playoff games while players aren’t. Well, not Playoff games. They’re Postseason games that don’t count for statistical purposes but determine who advances in the Playoffs and who gets the #1 pick.

Well, unless they can’t play the games. Then they just take teams 17-25 in Points Percentage and put them into a lottery. This is all to get around the possibility of simply using Points Percentage from the beginning because that’s a bad outcome.

Ladies and gentlemen, the NHL.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
You have to understand the league’s position. They simply couldn’t let a tanking boogeyman take over the league because hockey games have to matter.

As a result, they came up with a Byzantine labyrinth of scenarios that will end in front offices potentially tanking Playoff games while players aren’t. Well, not Playoff games. They’re Postseason games that don’t count for statistical purposes but determine who advances in the Playoffs and who gets the #1 pick.

Well, unless they can’t play the games. Then they just take teams 17-25 in Points Percentage and put them into a lottery. This is all to get around the possibility of simply using Points Percentage from the beginning because that’s a bad outcome.

Ladies and gentlemen, the NHL.

So the team that "won" was 'Team E' why didn't they just have written on a piece of paper who all of the teams were and then if the playoffs weren't played they could be like Team E was "Insert Here?"

Last edited:
Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad