Miscellaneous NHL Talk XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
His point was that Bryz's attitude is a detriment to him, not that he will literally never win anything.
OK, but what I'm saying is his attitude might not be a detriment to him. If he's encouraging fans to chant his name, that might just be his thing and his way of alleviating some of the stress. Too much stress isn't a good thing when in need of peak performance, although some of it, of course, is needed. If that's him being lackadaisical, then, yeah, it's to his, or at least his team's, detriment. But you can't say from afar which one it is. You don't know what's going on inside his head. Just because you prefer to go about things a certain way doesn't mean everyone else needs to do it in the same manner.

Some goalies like to concentrate fully and block everything out. Some need to do that to perform at their best. I think it was Mason who said that loud Flyers fans can be a detriment to his performance because he doesn't hear the shot. So obviously that's one goalie who relies on full concentration in regards to what's happening, and if anything disturbs it, he gets thrown off his game. Well, others might approach things differently. Some are outwardly serious about their business, while some keep a light attitude without losing, but instead gaining in performance because of it. That by itself doesn't say anything about their actual approach and whether they are indeed serious about their approach.

And, seriously, are you telling me it's not funny he was encouraging the Jets fans to chant his name? To me that says he pretty much told them he's not bothered by their chants, and that they don't achieve what the fans think or hope they would. Is that a bad thing? Should he be bothered by the chants and waste energy on trying to block them out? I don't know, but it seems to me a lot of you guys are acting like you're in his head and can tell his intentions and what he's thinking.

Plus, if he's not a certain kind of person, then trying to be that kind of person will in fact be what you're saying his attitude currently is, i.e. a detriment. If he's not captain serious, then he shouldn't be forced to try to act like one. And Suter seemed to have seen the humor in that particular act, as well. He had every right to be concerned about it and approach him, though. Because I do acknowledge that it could be a sign of not giving a **** that would be to his detriment. But seemingly unlike others I see there could be a different explanation behind it.

Oh, and also on the point of signs of exasperation. Why is he the only one getting crucified, but not other goalies like Crawford or Lundquist, who also show it? Because they don't throw their stick? Because they make a slightly different movement which shows the same emotion? Well, that's ******** and it's called double standards (and before you even go there, the fact that those two are better goalies doesn't do anything to make this better, because I'm debating a matter of principle here, which is the damning of the act of showing exasperation or defeatism). Which is fine, but at least acknowledge it then. I don't like all players equally. If a player I dislike does something wrong, I'll crucify them more than others, but knowing why I did so. It's because I don't like them.

And I don't care if you guys like Bryzgalov or not, I really don't. Ever since participating in those ridiculous threads where BP1974 had reign, I've kind of soured on him myself, because I hated the outrageous defenses of his poor play said poster was always making. But, hey, some of the stuff he does is just plain old funny and I can see the humor in it.

Damn, that was way too long.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
LA allowed him to interview last year. He's obviously been given assurances that he will be the next head coach once Sutter retires, which I don't think is that far away. Not sure when his contract runs out. I'm sure if he wasn't cool with the situation, LA would let him do what he wanted. They did lose their AHL coach, so they probably don't want to lose both in the same off-season.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
Not much was known about his collegiate career, but the legend goes that the spectators would hold their breath for what would happen if in one his more destructive hit attempts against opposing forwards he would but miss by a hair. The term "close shave" was thrown around with chuckles by some, but the people that were familiar with his abilities knew that it was not a thing to joke about and could have serious and damaging consequences to the parties involved.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=302461

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=723168

Ron Francis, Executive Vice President and General Manager of the National Hockey League’s Carolina Hurricanes, today announced that Bill Peters has been named the team’s head coach. Peters will be the 13th man to serve as head coach for the franchise, and the fourth since the team’s arrival in North Carolina.

One less head coach opening now.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
He's an Olympian!

He is the one who got kicked out of the Olympics for testing positive for a banned substance. Must be half decent to make the team at least.

From what I have found and talked to people about. Small offensive defender. Struggles abit defensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad