Miscellaneous NHL Talk XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Yeah but I think the Rangers were 7th and the Flyers were 16th... that makes no sense.

He is an advanced stats *****.

I love my stats... but they are indicators that should be combined with watching games to give a full picture.

He had the Devils in for ages when they were out of the picture, and Colorado have been very low at times, and Toronto have never been in his list. Anaheim were on the cusp of his top ten at one point when they were top 3 in points.

CF is a good stat, and a good indicator of success, but not the be all and end all of how good a team is. Especially if one team has say 51 and one 49... but the 2nd team has 20 more goals and less against. But he would rank the one with 51 as better. Even if the 2nd team had some of the best special teams in the NHL... and special teams are a big part of NHL success.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
South-park-Chewbacca_450.jpg

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
He is an advanced stats *****.

I love my stats... but they are indicators that should be combined with watching games to give a full picture.

He had the Devils in for ages when they were out of the picture, and Colorado have been very low at times, and Toronto have never been in his list. Anaheim were on the cusp of his top ten at one point when they were top 3 in points.

CF is a good stat, and a good indicator of success, but not the be all and end all of how good a team is. Especially if one team has say 51 and one 49... but the 2nd team has 20 more goals and less against. But he would rank the one with 51 as better. Even if the 2nd team had some of the best special teams in the NHL... and special teams are a big part of NHL success.

Ahhh, I guess that makes sense as to why he doesn't make sense. :)

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Giroux and Simmonds are apparently playing for the World Allstars vs the Harlem Globetrotters on sunday lmao.

Apparently they are the best two on the team at Basketball... I don't know, Giroux being great at basketball, being one of the best NHLers at bowling :laugh: and being an elite player to boot in hockey. You find it a lot with elite sports people though, they are good at most sports.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/ar.../303080016/Giroux-Simmonds-take-Globetrotters

Pablo Sanchez

The Secret Weapon
Oct 17, 2011
Nj
Giroux and Simmonds are apparently playing for the World Allstars vs the Harlem Globetrotters on sunday lmao.

Apparently they are the best two on the team at Basketball... I don't know, Giroux being great at basketball, being one of the best NHLers at bowling :laugh: and being an elite player to boot in hockey. You find it a lot with elite sports people though, they are good at most sports.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/ar.../303080016/Giroux-Simmonds-take-Globetrotters

I hear hes not the best golfer though...

UKFlyers

Dec 28, 2011

Video of them playing. And yeah, I remember those kids who were good at everything sportwise. I was quite envious. :laugh:

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Hemsky with 4 assists after 2 periods. Yep he was the reason why Edmonton sucked, it wasn't vice versa :laugh:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Blues look like a damn good team. Obvious statement is obvious but watching the Avs play them I really hope they get the Hawks and not the Blues in the first round.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 58s
Klesla: ""With all due respect to the Sabres organization, I decided this week not to continue playing hockey this season"...

uhhh wow

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 58s
Klesla: ""With all due respect to the Sabres organization, I decided this week not to continue playing hockey this season"...

uhhh wow

He's a free agent this summer, he really can't tough it for like two more months?

Edit: NVM he's done with the NHL, intends on playing in Europe next year.

Last edited:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Sick goal over the week by Carolina prospect Sergei Tolchinsky. He went undrafted this draft but signed a contract with Carolina out of their camp, despite being small as **** I wanted the Flyers to take a shot on this kid but oh well.

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013
Seguin is top 5 in scoring, impressive, only had 2 cold stretches.

Been(24)-Seguin(22)-Nichushkin(19) what a ****ing line, beauty.

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
@joshrimerhockey: And from what I'm hearing there will b a fire sale in Vancouver at the draft. Kesler, Edler, Bieksa must go. What does that mean for Sedins?
12:47pm - 9 Mar 14

:uhoh:

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
@joshrimerhockey: And from what I'm hearing there will b a fire sale in Vancouver at the draft. Kesler, Edler, Bieksa must go. What does that mean for Sedins?
12:47pm - 9 Mar 14

:uhoh:

Target Hamhuis. I know I know, he didn't want to sign here before and wanted to go home. I want to see how much his home town means to him if he isn't winning. That team is falling apart, and there were reportedly multiple teams trying for Edler(Boston, Pittsburgh) to name just a few. Hamhuis is a #1 guy who isn't a world beater but is extremely dependable, like Kimmo. He also is signed to a sweetheart deal of 4.5 million for the next two(after this year).

Bieska would also be nice as well. Edler has been horrible defensively, which is why I am nightly terrified about adding him. If the price is right I go for it though. I just would just target Hamhuis. Pittsburgh would be after him as well I would think.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
You know I wouldn't put it past the Bolts trading a pick to get Vinny back in summer. Gets them a vet and takes the MSL stink away. Vinny is loved there by the organization and the community.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Seguin is top 5 in scoring, impressive, only had 2 cold stretches.

Been(24)-Seguin(22)-Nichushkin(19) what a ****ing line, beauty.

I really like what the Stars are doing out in the West. Although their defense is not very good at all. They are a seriously fast team, especially with that first line.

Hope they get in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad