Miscellaneous NHL Talk XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
:rant:

He better not continue this and wind up being better than Mason....although never considered him a fringe starter like some people thought he would be or a flash in the pan Vezina winner...

Columbus rides a seven-game winning streak into Thursday's game. Overall, the club is 8-1-0 thus far in January.

Former Flyers goaltender Sergei Bobrovsky has been outstanding of late, demonstrating the form that helped him to win the Vezina Trophy last season. Bobrovsky has won each of his last eight starts, with a 1.77 goals against average, .941 save percentage and one shutout in that span. Bobrovsky was injured at the time the two clubs met in the December home-and-home. This will be his first career game against the Flyers.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Flyers-Gameday-12314--Columbus/45/57426

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Now with Del Zotto in the mix with Nashville, look at their defense age.

Weber(28)-Josi(23)
Jones(19)-Del Zotto(23)
Ekholm(23)-Ellis(23)
Bartley(25)

Now you tell me Weber isn't too old for that group! (P5)

On a serious note, even their beat writer suggested the team might consider moving him. Albeit the chance is very slim.

Nashville in actual spending this year-60,238,976
In 2012-53,723,203
In 2011-52,188,068
in 2010-50,903-696

The team for a good while there would spend right around 50-54 million, but now with revenue sharing they have increased up to 60 million. good number I think next year would probably be around 65 million for their internal cap. As of right now they are hovering right around 52.4(would be 53.3 with Forsberg there) in actual salary to pay next year. They will have 13 million or so probably to sign Nick Spaling(RFA), Taylor Beck(RFA), Micheal Del Zotto(RFA), Ekholm(RFA), Ellis(RFA), and a goalie if they choose. Also that number does not have Legwand if he re-signs, which would be over 5 million. They are going to need to upgrade that offense big time if they want to have any chance winning or competing in that conference.

The chances are extremely small, but with their internal cap and their previous spending, they might consider moving him because of spending in different areas. Also, as I pointed out, he is way too old for that defense....

My DREAM WILL NEVER DIE

Last edited:

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
:rant:

He better not continue this and wind up being better than Mason....although never considered him a fringe starter like some people thought he would be or a flash in the pan Vezina winner...

I think he's a good goalie, and will be a starter for years to come, but I don't think he'll be a perennial Vezina contender like a Lundqvist. Better than Mason, probably, but not an elite guy. We'll see though.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
It's tough to be an annual Vezina candidate as it requires a good team and terrific stats so to even get a few across a career is impressive, especially on a team like Columbus.

I think he has the talent to be an annual Vezina candidate especially on a great team (meaning not Columbus). Whether he will or not is a different story.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Now with Del Zotto in the mix with Nashville, look at their defense age.

Weber(29)-Josi(23)
Jones(19)-Del Zotto(23)
Ekholm(23)-Ellis(23)
Bartley(25)

Now you tell me Weber isn't too old for that group! (P5)

On a serious note, even their beat writer suggested the team might consider moving him. Albeit the chance is very slim.

Nashville in actual spending this year-60,238,976
In 2012-53,723,203
In 2011-52,188,068
in 2010-50,903-696

The team for a good while there would spend right around 50-54 million, but now with revenue sharing they have increased up to 60 million. good number I think next year would probably be around 65 million for their internal cap. As of right now they are hovering right around 52.4(would be 53.3 with Forsberg there) in actual salary to pay next year. They will have 13 million or so probably to sign Nick Spaling(RFA), Taylor Beck(RFA), Micheal Del Zotto(RFA), Ekholm(RFA), Ellis(RFA), and a goalie if they choose. Also that number does not have Legwand if he re-signs, which would be over 5 million. They are going to need to upgrade that defense big time if they want to have any chance winning or competing in that conference.

The chances are extremely small, but with their internal cap and their previous spending, they might consider moving him because of spending in different areas. Also, as I pointed out, he is way too old for that defense....

My DREAM WILL NEVER DIE

Remember that Morganti...yes Nostramorganti said the Flyers will get him "one day" ..they always get their guy. Too bad it is always when they are on their last legs...:(

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Remember that Morganti...yes Nostramorganti said the Flyers will get him "one day" ..they always get their guy. Too bad it is always when they are on their last legs...:(

I honestly remember him saying that. I never thought it would be that far'fetched either. Nashville now has struggled mightily since Sutter left, and they aren't in any position for the playoffs. Yes, they are young, but their forwards are not at game breaking standards. I like Forsberg, but I am not as high on him as many are. They are bringing him through the right way though.

All I hope is that Nashville continues to struggle. It's not the most polite thing to say(lol) but it's probably the only way Nashville contemplates moving Weber.

There aren't a lot of teams who have the ability to offer a package the Flyers can also. Edmonton is one, but do you want a young center or winger coming back in that trade? RNH isn't going anywhere, so it's Yak(no chance from Nashville) or Eberle. I can name you one team that is built around a winger, it's just not the way to go.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

My DREAM WILL NEVER DIE

He's not way too old. They are counting on him being a top defensemen for the next ten years.

Also, he's actually 28.

Shea Weber D Nashville Predators
Birthdate: August 14, 1985 Current Age: 28

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Dreger on TSN radio

Leafs had interest in Del Zotto & there was some Gardiner talk but the Rangers wanted Franson. Leafs scared by MDZ's inconsistenc

Pretty crazy I think, I would have taken Gardiner even though he is a left handed shot. And I am not crazy over Gardiner like a lot of people.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
It'll be pretty interesting to see how many Norris trophy years are wasted on non-playoff years for Nash & Weber

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Dreger on TSN radio

Pretty crazy I think, I would have taken Gardiner even though he is a left handed shot. And I am not crazy over Gardiner like a lot of people.

The Rangers really wanted a righty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad