Miscellaneous NHL Talk XIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I really like what the Stars are doing out in the West. Although their defense is not very good at all. They are a seriously fast team, especially with that first line.

Hope they get in the playoffs.

They have Dillon already on the roster & Oleksiak getting ready to crack the lineup soon so they at least have some interesting young pieces back there to work with.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
You know I wouldn't put it past the Bolts trading a pick to get Vinny back in summer. Gets them a vet and takes the MSL stink away. Vinny is loved there by the organization and the community.

I would trade him to Tampa without hesitation. But IMO it would seem kind of silly for them to be paying Vinny double for the next few years.

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013
We moved forward one hour

giphy.gif

games will start one hour earlier

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I would trade him to Tampa without hesitation. But IMO it would seem kind of silly for them to be paying Vinny double for the next few years.

I don't think he'd go back. Everyone's gone, and I think Yzerman wanted to move on from all those guys. Maybe in a couple years he'll finally want to go to Montreal, too.

New York Rangers - I didn't see the game, if I had to put a bet down today on the Eastern Conference Champion, it would be them.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Rangers should probably be the East champs this season in all honesty as long as St. Louis does what he has always done offensively and Lundqvist pulls his act together. Pittsburgh has a pretty weak roster after the likes of Crosby, Malkin, Neal plus it's Pittsburgh and the playoffs. Boston is the easy choice for it, but Seidenberg is a bigger loss then many realize and maybe it's just me but they don't seem as strong as previous seasons by a bit. Montreal would normally be a good pick, but MT is such a terrible coach by the sounds of it.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Rangers should probably be the East champs this season in all honesty as long as St. Louis does what he has always done offensively and Lundqvist pulls his act together. Pittsburgh has a pretty weak roster after the likes of Crosby, Malkin, Neal plus it's Pittsburgh and the playoffs. Boston is the easy choice for it, but Seidenberg is a bigger loss then many realize and maybe it's just me but they don't seem as strong as previous seasons by a bit. Montreal would normally be a good pick, but MT is such a terrible coach by the sounds of it.

FLYERS :sarcasm:

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Target Hamhuis. I know I know, he didn't want to sign here before and wanted to go home. I want to see how much his home town means to him if he isn't winning. That team is falling apart, and there were reportedly multiple teams trying for Edler(Boston, Pittsburgh) to name just a few. Hamhuis is a #1 guy who isn't a world beater but is extremely dependable, like Kimmo. He also is signed to a sweetheart deal of 4.5 million for the next two(after this year).

Bieska would also be nice as well. Edler has been horrible defensively, which is why I am nightly terrified about adding him. If the price is right I go for it though. I just would just target Hamhuis. Pittsburgh would be after him as well I would think.

Agreed. Hamhuis - Coburn as top pairing is very palatable. It would probably require gutting the team to get him, though.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Nice Hops Simmer! Was just watching the Chicago Buffalo game at the bar after my mens league game tonight....Saad is a nice player man.

Dirty but Good

but mostly dirty
Jan 26, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Oshie just scored on Bryz in his shootout attempt.

That's like the highest chance of a goal in the history of the NHL shootout.

Oh yea Bryz got scored on the next shooter too to lose it.

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009

The Rangers are pretty ****ing soft right now. If they run into a team that wants to push them around in the playoffs, they'll be **** out of luck.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Oshie just scored on Bryz in his shootout attempt.

That's like the highest chance of a goal in the history of the NHL shootout.

Oh yea Bryz got scored on the next shooter too to lose it.

I've never played hockey in my life, but even I could probably score on Bryz on a shootout attempt...

Don Nachbaur 26

Jun 23, 2008
Mount Joy, PA
You know I wouldn't put it past the Bolts trading a pick to get Vinny back in summer. Gets them a vet and takes the MSL stink away. Vinny is loved there by the organization and the community.

My conspiracy theory says that's been the plan all along. I think NHL put the kibosh on something like that last summer when they tried to trade him to Toronto or something

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad