Miscellaneous NHL Talk XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
2nd worst zone starts (38%...) and 3rd hardest rel QoC on the team lmao.

You may as well lock him in a dark cupboard with loose matches and turpentine and cover him in sandpaper... then cover him in itching powder.

He would have more chance of success.

Weird, that's how my parents potty trained me.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Michel Therrien is just an awful head coach. There's a reason the Pens won the cup just six months after they canned him. That team was winning despite him before that.

Also, wasn't Wilson's hearing at noon today? Has anyone heard anything?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Possibly the 2nd dumbest thing I've read here in a long time. 1st is the failure to test Schenn for a concussion.

100% agree. How the hell do you not even TEST him just to be sure!

As for Briere, Montreal has only played him on wing, and he has struggled. Sounds so familiar.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
John Bartlett ‏@BartsBytes 14m

#Habs Daniel Briere is a healthy scratch tonight. Ryan White is in. #habson690

... Hahahaha!

Sorry for going OT but ...

this has more to do with the fact that Coach Therrien is an idiot.

Briere is still productive and played fairly well. His TOI isn't even high.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Sorry for going OT but ...

this has more to do with the fact that Coach Therrien is an idiot.

Briere is still productive and played fairly well. His TOI isn't even high.

By reading the Habs forum on this site, it seems a vast majority of fans agree with the coach. Briere does not seem to be well received.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
As for Briere, Montreal has only played him on wing, and he has struggled. Sounds so familiar.

It does ....Briere is not what he was obviously and he's injured a lot lately but you really screw the guy when you misuse him. His initial years here he wasn't exactly complemented well with linemates and putting him on wing b/c it was his "turn" (like Carter was made to do) didn't help his situation much either. Having said this last few years his liability defensively was hard to overlook..

BTW..speaking of Briere...looks like Leino his former linemate is one of the top candidates to be bought out next year...ironic that the both of them have fallen so far.

Last edited:

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Maybe Montreal should have scratched Gionta who has 0 goals in 20 games or something like that. He has been playing with Gally and Gallagher I think.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Kevin Weekes says "shout out to Jeff Reese for coaching mason up"

Probably one of the guys who gets the most undeserved hate around here. He was always a big fan in Mason and was part of the reasoning they brought him here. Mason himself has even said he has done wonders for his game.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Dave Isaac ‏@davegisaac 5m
Vinny on LW on Giroux line. No Raffl on the ice. Wonder what that’s about.

Interesting. I wonder if he maybe was injured at some point last night? I can't imagine that they'd send him back down, and he's been playing well. Really the only possibilities are A, he injured something last night. B, maintenance day or C, he's been traded... And I can't imagine that being the case either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad