Miscellaneous NHL Talk V9.0 - 2018/19 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
I got massively into hockey in the early 80's. I can remember deciding between the Flyers and Flames as my team. I collected hockey stickers and those were the "coolest" to me.

The other team that caught my eye was Quebec, but my dad, a Habs fan, wouldn't allow me to even entertain the thought of cheering for them :laugh:

And yes, the Whalers Jersey ROCKS!

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I was so tempted to double down in the main board thread about the longest suffering fan bases because people kept putting Arizona and Florida and saying any team that ever won a cup can't complain. I them pointed out that some teams like ours have droughts twice as long as some of these other teams even existed. What I wanted to add is that Arizona and Florida's teams only exist due to TV contracts and should've been moved/dissolved after two decades of constant failure and only a handful of people are dumb enough to still follow them. I didn't feel up to being "that guy" on Christmas Eve. But seriously, kill those worthless placeholder teams.

One of those teams needs to hightail it to Quebec and make the world whole again.

Asnito

Blood Rival to a Briere Simp
Mar 2, 2017
I'd like to see anyone argue that the color block across the shoulder on so many sweaters around the league (including the Bruins) are better than those Whalers with the color flowing right down into the body of the sweater. No comparison.
Man they look like UND jerseys, all they need is Hak behind the bench :popcorn:

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Hakroach

Veteran Presence
Jan 4, 2005
Helsinki
Eh, if what goalies are saying this year about the padding being too small now and causing regular bruising on shots then making them even smaller seems like a really, really bad idea. Obviously, nobody really knows how true that is aside from the goalies and/or people in the room. I don't know how many goalie injuries happen typically, but it seems like a lot so far for only half a season. Stolarz, Elliott, Neuvirth, Raanta, Campbell, Crawford, Quick, Rask IIRC, Varlamov, Miller, Schneider, Anderson have all missed different extents of time as far as I know. Obviously, for vastly different reasons. Just saying it seems like a high amount for less than half a season now that I think on it.

The best would be if they could develope smaller pads that would protect better. I do think smaller pads would lead to more goals scored.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

For anyone who thinks Euro leagues are "soft". :naughty:

All happened to one player, in one game.

Albeit Sweden is certainly the "roughest" of the European top nations in regards to how hockey is played.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
How do you get such an injury?

If you watch three Dwayne "The ****ing Rock" Johnson movies back-to-back-to-back, your boobs automatically start flexing out of control, and eventually they break down. I would guess that he did that last night. That's why I never watch any Dwayne movies, to protect my boobs. And also because he eats ass.

FlyerFaithful17

Feb 24, 2015
If you watch three Dwayne "The ****ing Rock" Johnson movies back-to-back-to-back, your boobs automatically start flexing out of control, and eventually they break down. I would guess that he did that last night. That's why I never watch any Dwayne movies, to protect my boobs. And also because he eats ass.
I like him in a “he’s so bad it’s great” way.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Cap posted about the Dumba injury last week and mentioned it as a good opportunity ... for us to move Hagg out.

In retrospect one of the things that annoys me about the Hextall era is how many mediocre/dysfunctional franchises made big trades in the offseason, and how many of the players involved are having GREAT seasons, and we weren't involved at all.

Skinner
ROR
Hamilton
Lindholm
Hanifan
Domi

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Cap posted about the Dumba injury last week and mentioned it as a good opportunity ... for us to move Hagg out.

In retrospect one of the things that annoys me about the Hextall era is how many mediocre/dysfunctional franchises made big trades in the offseason, and how many of the players involved are having GREAT seasons, and we weren't involved at all.

Skinner
ROR
Hamilton
Lindholm
Hanifan
Domi
Hextall had no balls and was downright scared to make big moves.

Reactions: ellja3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad