Miscellaneous NHL Talk V9.0 - 2018/19 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yeah, I don't think minus Giroux there's one player on our team that would get us Pietrangelo straight up. And I obviously wouldn't trade Giroux for Pietrangelo...

Provorov is also worth more than Pietrangelo. Patrick is pretty close considering age and potential.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Provorov is also worth more than Pietrangelo. Patrick is pretty close considering age and potential.
They're both younger with a lot of potential, but I think right now to a contender Pietrangelo is more valuable. He's in his prime.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
He can sign with another team but he’s talking a sizeable pay decrease that’s more in line with his current abilities.

Most players aren’t going to be willing to take a pay cut like that. It’s still a mutual decision so both the player & team have to be on the same page as well to set things in motion. If just one party is then it doesn’t matter as you need both.
What about someone like scheifalle?

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018
I can’t understand the interest in trading away players signed for next season before determining how everyone fits in with the next long term coach

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Sure, to a contender..just talking about value in a vacuum.
Of course, it depends on who makes that trade. But any team that trades for Pietrangelo has to be a contender (or at least close) I'd think.

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
The Blues have:

Tarasenko
Steen
Schwartz
Perron
Maroon
Fabbri

for top 9 wingers. Adding Simmonds to them seems odd unless it's to later trade him...or resign him and trade Maroon. I figure a contender will come calling after Simmonds instead.
They have terasenko.
Perron is wildly inconsistent with a penchant for stupid penalties.
Steen is staring into decline abyss.
Maroon is about as useful as torgo.
Schwartz and fabbri are made from glass.

That's the kinda roster that looks good on paper only. They do have Thomas and kyrou though. Plus kostin and bokk in the wings who might pan out as a scorers.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
The Blues have:

Tarasenko
Steen
Schwartz
Perron
Maroon
Fabbri

for top 9 wingers. Adding Simmonds to them seems odd unless it's to later trade him...or resign him and trade Maroon. I figure a contender will come calling after Simmonds instead.
It could be like the Lucic trade where Boston ended up with two 1sts by taking Martin Jones and then moving him for another 1st. St Louis would probably want two “A” assets in a 1st round pick and a good prospect/young player. Not a lot of teams are going to give them tha but by adding Simmonds to a young player/prospect essentially accomplishes that since he is likely worth a 1st round pick in trade later in the year. So Philly would be one of the few teams to meet the high price of St Louis.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Pietrangelo and Simmonds as a base. Sign me the hell up. We can afford Pietrangelo and have him paired with Provorov. My god.

They probably won’t trade parayko.
Unless he is a lockerroom cancer or they want an established player of equal value at a different position or skill set. No reason to move a guy on a reasonable contract with 3 more years left.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
There would have to be a huge + coming from our side. Pietrangelo is younger, better, and playing a far more important position than Simmonds.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
There would have to be a huge + coming from our side. Pietrangelo is younger, better, and playing a far more important position than Simmonds.
Hagg, Allison or Ratcliffe, and Simmonds. Young roster player, top prospect and 1st round pick (Simmonds). Would check all the boxes.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Daren pang on a podcast said the flyers and blues are discussing a trade that involves Simmonds and pietrangelo. We will add forsure but panger wouldn't lie I don't think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad