Miscellaneous NHL Talk V7.0 - 2018/19 Regular Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Saw the tweets....but I was just curious if there was some good dish in the interview.

Q is a good players coach...that's the jist I got. (No shocker there...)

Most of the Flyers players probably like Hak. Seems like a nice calm even keel guy. His college players all seemed to like him.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
because one time they both said one moderately negative thing....

I don't know if they do not like him...but I'm not betting my car that they don't because of the above....

Oh I am sure both are THRILLED that their ice time gets reduced in the 3rd period and neither sniff the ice in the final 5 minutes of close games. Must feel great to feel so relied upon.

I am willing to be my f***ing arm they both dislike that jerk off.

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
because one time they both said one moderately negative thing....

I don't know if they do not like him...but I'm not betting my car that they don't because of the above....
Schenn was also not a fan...

You can count the number of times a hockey player says something that isnt a cliche on one hand, even then you would be wasting 3 fingers.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

Someone more business savvy could chime in but isn’t this exactly the same thing keeps happening & it’s not even unpredictable. Owner’s keep coming in to make money off it on flip as they’re not taking on a lot of the debt (the NHL is)?

Hoo boy. The fans that have stuck through all of this are real troopers. Maybe we'll get
HF posts read at City Council meetings again if this turns into an arena issue too.

The biggest change from the last time is the Vegas/Seattle (pending) expansion fees. I don't know for sure how the league works politically in this regard, but I would have to think a lowball sale here is out of the cards. How an Arizona team could possibly be finiancially viable with that kind of sale price, I have absolutely no idea.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Anyone think that a team (arizona) could move to houston and find success? Houston does have loyal fans, and i onoe they have been asking for a team for years

It’s probably the most sensible relocation spot for them at this point since Vegas & Seattle became a thing. They’re probably gonna have to move to the Central Division anyway even if they still stay in Arizona when Seattle joins.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Anyone think that a team (arizona) could move to houston and find success? Houston does have loyal fans, and i onoe they have been asking for a team for years

The problem with Houston was always that Les Alexander (former Rockets owner) owned the building and had no interest in the NHL. Now that one of the Fertittas bought it, there were rumors that he was at least interested enough to run the numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad