Miscellaneous NHL Talk -- The Triple X version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Centre Vidéotron is going to be fully ready for September no? It is supposed to be hosting a Habs vs Penguins pre-season game on the 28th of September.

Over 18k seats, designed for hockey, know what they are getting with the market.

If it was a short notice (ie less than ~6 months, which it would be I imagine if this meeting goes the way that Glendale seemingly want it to) move Quebec probably makes the most sense... if they have a year or notice so I imagine it will be Vegas.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I don't think they can have a 17/13 split so Quebec would have to stay in the Pacific division. If they do another realignment with the Coyotes in Quebec, I would move Colorado to the Pacific, Columbus and Detroit to the Central, put the Atlantic teams back together again, and have Quebec in a Northeast division.

So just take Arizona and the extra Toronto team out of this.
NHL-Alignment-Map-Cropped-2015-Four-Division-Plan-with-Phoenix-Quebec-Markham-Logical-1024x782.jpg

Last edited:

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Just get the loser teams out of the South. Christ, I'm sick of having teams support them.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Just get the loser teams out of the South. Christ, I'm sick of having teams support them.

It is incredible that guys like Gary Bettman get paid millions of dollars by basically trying to shove square pegs in round holes. Is there a single team in the south that really turns a profit? I am not a lawyer (degreed EE) but it seems like I could do a better job than most of the employees (non-players) in the NHL.

The whole notion of growing the game in the south is kind of a silly idea since hockey is expensive, requires you to always go to a rink to play, and street hockey isn't popular either.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Nashville and Carolina are doing fine. Florida, Anaheim and Arizona are the only real dead spots, imo.

Lindberg

Bennyflyers16 get a life
Oct 5, 2013
Nashville and Carolina are doing fine. Florida, Anaheim and Arizona are the only real dead spots, imo.

I wouldn't consider operating at a loss as doing fine.

http://www.forbes.com/nhl-valuations/list/

From the little knowledge I know about life the point of starting a business is to make money and not lose money. Revenue sharing is a good thing for the NHL but propping up a franchise like ARZ doesn't seem like a good business practice to me.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
NHL released a statement saying the city of Glendale has no merit to do this.

Should be fun.

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
Let me call my buddy down the street who's an expert on Las Vegas NHL teams.

I know they aren't even the worst of the worst but the NHL should move Carolina because of how utterly useless they are as a team. They don't generate hate or love, no really marketable stars, terrible jerseys, no rivalries. They're just basically a slice of plain white bread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad