Miscellaneous NHL Talk -- The Triple X version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Imagine Danick Martel turning into a challenger for the Art Ross and NAK and Lindblom both becoming terrific two way 60+ point wingers. That's pretty much the fortunes the Lightning have had with Johnson, Kucherov, and Palat. It's unreal how perfectly it worked out for them.

They invested 2nd and 7th round draft picks and popped out possibly the league's best line.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
Imagine Danick Martel turning into a challenger for the Art Ross and NAK and Lindblom both becoming terrific two way 60+ point wingers. That's pretty much the fortunes the Lightning have had with Johnson, Kucherov, and Palat. It's unreal how perfectly it worked out for them.

They invested 2nd and 7th round draft picks and popped out possibly the league's best line.

this is why you draft skill late in the draft instead of guys that project to be 4th line grinders and goons.
Sure it doesn't always work out but every now and then you hit a home run.
if you want players like Mathers or Klotz wait till after the draft and sign them to minor league deals.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Not all that unreasonable IMO given the struggles this year vs Lightning for Lundqvist

djNyyN5.jpg

Sometimes a guy just doesn't have it vs an opponent and bringing in #2 can change momentum of series. Worked for Hawks with Darling and Crawford when he got back in there found his game again

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
In the post game interview....Hank looked sullen and shell shocked quite frankly...not to mention frustrated. He even doubted himself...essentially said he is struggling with the way they are making him move around like a ping pong ball. He doesn't know whether to stay back in his net or challenge. Seems to me changing it up with Talbot is not that crazy of an idea. Having said this...I couldn't care less about the Rangers. I hope they get knocked out quick.

FLYERSG

Sep 27, 2014
**** that. I hope the Rags win so that the Tampa pick is not 29 or 30. Also, it will be quite funny when the Rags get swept in the cup finals. Also, the Rags future looks like ****, so this is their time to win. Nothing like back to back losses in the SCF.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Not much of a difference between 27-30. I would rather Tampa win so I can win 670 bucks and not have to deal with stupid Rag fans ;)

FLYERSG

Sep 27, 2014
Not much of a difference between 27-30. I would rather Tampa win so I can win 670 bucks and not have to deal with stupid Rag fans ;)

27-30 isn't huge I agree, I still think it would be funny to see the Rags lose again though. But for 670? Fair enough.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I am pretty shocked Babcock went to Toronto. I figured it would be here, Detroit, or Buffalo. The only reason I can think of that is hockey related is that if he turns that franchise around he will be a God in Canada. If he turns the Sabres around no one will care outside of Buffalo, and even there he probably wouldn't be all that popular.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Babcock has done everything, he wants a challenge and TML is the biggest challenge.
I'm a skeptic
He previously walked into ready-made teams with great people in the organizations behind him...

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Pretty funny (in a sadistic way) how the biggest dagger to the Flyers' fortune in recent years wasn't Bryzgalov, or trading JVR for Schenn, or dealing years of youth for Pronger, or nuking our core in a span of 30 minutes, or handing out long-term deals recklessly in free agency.

It was a couple of ****ing lottery balls not turning our way. Having Patrick Kane for the past eight years, and you have to imagine this team wins at least one Cup during that time.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Pretty funny (in a sadistic way) how the biggest dagger to the Flyers' fortune in recent years wasn't Bryzgalov, or trading JVR for Schenn, or dealing years of youth for Pronger, or nuking our core in a span of 30 minutes, or handing out long-term deals recklessly in free agency.

It was a couple of ****ing lottery balls not turning our way. Having Patrick Kane for the past eight years, and you have to imagine this team wins at least one Cup during that time.

Your ownership would have traded Kane like they did Richards/Carter and others

Hawks stuck with Kane and he rewarded them by growing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad