Miscellaneous NHL Talk Part VII: The Not-So Lazy Hazy Crazy Days Of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
No mention of Crosby being completely invisible for the 3rd straight game other than being a turn-over machine. They'd be jamming it down our throats if he was doing well though.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Jagr played just under 11 minutes in 35 minutes of overtime.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Apparently (according to wip) the flyers are in preliminary talks about playing the pens in an outdoor game at beaver stadium next season.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
The Rangers are playing two outdoor games next year; you may be correct about '14/'15, but it's not necessarily because the Pens are already involved in one game.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The Rangers are playing two outdoor games next year; you may be correct about '14/'15, but it won't be because the Pens are already involved in one game.

Both games are at Yankee Stadium against the Devils and Isles' within three days of each other.

I just don't see them having the Pens play in Chicago and then in Happy Valley. I also don't see them adding another game this late when the others are already being planned for.

The article states Buffalo could be a player in it too because their owner is a big time donater at PSU.

Last edited:

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Pittsburgh is playing Chicago at Soldier Field next year. It would have to be in 2014-2015 at the earliest.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...eaver-stadium-penn-state-ready-130622330.html

I'm just conveying what I just heard on wip. They said "next season". Which to me means this coming season. You may very well be correct, but like the above poster suggested, just because the pens are already involved in an outdoor game next season doesn't necessarily mean anything.

OzFlyers

Registered Boozer
Jul 3, 2011
Australia
I heard a stat today that Kane has only scored 3 goals in the playoffs since that GW goal against the Flyers in 2010! :speechles

Giroux It

Mar 30, 2013
Elizabethtown, PA
If Pens lose series in 4 or 5 games the offseason storylines may be interesting. Some think Malkin becomes a trade target. Tough call. [Source: Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger]

As much I would love to think they could trade Malkin, how do you really put a value on him? I mean it would have to be a package so outlandish that I don't think anybody could do it. I'm more interested to see what they do with MAF, I'm sure some team will take the bait and trade for him :sarcasm:

StandingCow

May 15, 2010
My hate for the pens is making me smile when the bruins own them. I feel dirty rooting for the Bs...

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
Milbury complaining about Bergeron getting away with a hook at the red line before the goal. Is he serious? It's OT in the playoffs. He's watched enough hockey to know that refs swallow their whistles for that.

Also, Jagr was insane tonight. I'll be lucky if I can skate when I'm 41, and he just had one of the best games I've seen in a while.

The beauty of it is that Jagr hooked Malkin on the GWG, but they could not call it having just let Crosby get away with taking a sleigh ride with Marchand as Rudolf....

Also nice to see the cheapshotter Orpik get creamed, then let his man score the OT goal.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
My god could you imagine the outrage from the Pens fan base if Malkin walks in his UFA year and he signs here. I wonder how our fan base would react as well. It would certainly be an interesting situation.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
My god could you imagine the outrage from the Pens fan base if Malkin walks in his UFA year and he signs here. I wonder how our fan base would react as well. It would certainly be an interesting situation.

My guess is they would be dying alive.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania

He would be "the most overrated player ever to play in the NHL". and they would say they dont need or want him

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
He would be "the most overrated player ever to play in the NHL". and they would say they dont need or want him

And they'd be right. He's got talent, but he's got no character at all. Just a giant, cheapshotting suckhole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad