Not open for further replies.

chimrichalds18

the key
Apr 17, 2007
philadelphia
New thread.

Go Bruins.

----------------------

The last thread has been closed: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1428453&page=40

-----------------------
BOS vs. PIT
  • Game 1: BOS 3, PIT 0 Recap | Box Score
  • Game 2: BOS 6, PIT 1 Recap | Box Score
  • Game 3: Jun 5 8:00pm EDT @BOS (TV: NBCS, CBC, RDS)
  • Game 4: Jun 7 8:00pm EDT @BOS (TV: NBCS, CBC, RDS)
  • Game 5: Jun 9 8:00pm EDT @PIT (TV: NBCS, CBC, RDS)
  • Game 6: Jun 11, TBD @BOS (TV: NBCS, CBC, RDS)
  • Game 7: Jun 12, TBD @PIT (TV: NBCS, CBC, RDS)

CHI vs. LAK
  • Game 1: LOS 1, CHI 2 Recap | Box Score
  • Game 2: LOS 2, CHI 4 Recap | Box Score
  • Game 3: CHI 1, LOS 3 Recap | Box Score
  • Game 4: Jun 6 9:00pm EDT @LOS (TV: NBCS, CBC, RDS)
  • Game 5: Jun 8 8:00pm EDT @CHI (TV: NBC, CBC, RDS)
  • Game 6: Jun 10 9:00pm EDT @LOS (TV: NBCS, CBC, RDS)
  • Game 7: Jun 12, TBD @CHI (TV: NBCS, CBC, RDS)

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/playoffs/conferencefinals/loschi

Last edited by a moderator:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
They took off that shoulder patch with the stick and the flags too didn't they? I'm no weather expert, but I think that logo was inaccurate. The symbol for a hurricane is two flags...

I think one flag indicates a Tropical Storm or just a strong storm in general.

You're correct, one flag indicates a tropical storm and two flags indicate an actual hurricane.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
So, question. I dunno if this was addressed in the other thread, but how is what Keith did to Carter that much different from what McSorely did to Brashear? I know it was 1 vs 2 hand, but swinging a stick at someone's head has no other purpose than intent to injure.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Penguins adding a flag to their jersey, too:

Diver_Down_Flag.svg

I know, I know. Too easy.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
So, question. I dunno if this was addressed in the other thread, but how is what Keith did to Carter that much different from what McSorely did to Brashear? I know it was 1 vs 2 hand, but swinging a stick at someone's head has no other purpose than intent to injure.

Well for one the McSorely one was way more violent than Keith's. Keith's was basically a flick of the wrist which still gave Carter a nice cut but McSorely gave Brashear a seizure on the ice and concussion. Carter also slashed Keith's exposed glove hand prior to the slash, Brashear didn't provoke McSorely to do that. McSorely's was also way more blatant, Keith was still getting back to a standing position after picking up his glove. You could argue Keith didn't really have the time to target it, it was more reactionary to where McSorely clearly knew what he was doing and targeted the head.

It still doesn't make what Keith did right and I think he gets a fine or a game at most but I wouldn't even compare the two incidents, other than a stick making contact with another players face they really have nothing in common.

Last edited:

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Well for one the McSorely one was way more violent than Keith's. Keith's was basically a flick of the wrist which still gave Carter a nice cut but McSorely gave Brashear a seizure on the ice and concussion. Carter also slashed Keith's exposed glove hand prior to the slash, Brashear didn't provoke McSorely to do that. McSorely's was also way more blatant, Keith was still getting back to a standing position after picking up his glove. You could argue Keith didn't really have the time to target it, it was more reactionary to where McSorely clearly knew what he was doing and targeted the head.

I think Keith gets a fine or a game at most but I wouldn't even compare the two incidents, other than a stick making contact with another players face they really have nothing in common.

I know it wasn't as violent, but intent to injure is still intent to injure. I'm not saying Keith gets 25+ or whatever McSorely got, but he whacked him in the head.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
1 game is fine by me. Players need to be responsible for their sticks; I don't think Keith intended to do exactly what he did, but he still needs to bear the responsibility for his actions.

Edit: just browsed the Hawks board and they're all taking the suspension in stride. Good on 'em.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Vokoun is every bit as bad as Bryzgalov. Was never convinced he'd have been a better starter for us-- perhaps a slightly better contract though :cry:

I know Fleury's had some stinkers, but he's still extremely talented. He needs to be in that net. Vokoun won't get the job done.

Not gonna complain watching the Pens go up in flames, though. Loving it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->